Now, as an introvert, I might gently allude to certain "assholic" qualities in this man's behavior,
作为一名内向者,我也许会委婉地暗示这个人的行为确实比较混蛋,
but I'm not going to lunge for the a-word.
但我不会直接使用“混蛋”这个词。
But the extrovert says, "If he walks like one, if he talks like one, I call him one."
但外向者会说,“如果他表现得像个混蛋,我就会称他混蛋。”
And we go past each other.
这就是我们的不同。
Now is this something that we should be heedful of? Of course.
这一点我们是不是需要留意呢?那是当然。
It's important that we know this.
这一点非常重要。
Is that all we are? Are we just a bunch of traits?
但这就完了吗?我们就只有这几种特点吗?
No, we're not. Remember, you're like some other people and like no other person.
并非如此。别忘了,你们跟一些人很像但又独一无二。
How about that idiosyncratic you?
这个独一无二的你,到底是什么样的呢?
As Elizabeth or as George, you may share your extroversion or your neuroticism.
伊丽莎白们或者乔治们,你们可能都有些外向或者神经过敏。
But are there some distinctively Elizabethan features of your behavior, or Georgian of yours,
但你们的行为中是不是有些伊丽莎白独有的或者乔治独有的特点,
that make us understand you better than just a bunch of traits? That make us love you?
能让我们更好地了解你?而不是简单地对号入座?能让我们喜欢上你?
Not just because you're a certain type of person.
不仅仅因为你是某种特定类型的人。
I'm uncomfortable putting people in pigeonholes.
我不喜欢把人放进鸽子笼里然后贴上标签。
I don't even think pigeons belong in pigeonholes.
我甚至觉得鸽子都不应该待在鸽子笼里。
So what is it that makes us different?
究竟是什么让我们与众不同呢?
It's the doings that we have in our life -- the personal projects.
是我们一生的所作所为——我们的个人事业。
You have a personal project right now, but nobody may know it here.
你们大家都有个人事业,但可能谁都没有意识到。