Maybe you've thought about them, too.
也许你们会有共鸣。
In this talk, I'll take you through the four main legal approaches
在我的演讲中,我将介绍全世界主流的四种与性工作者相关的
applied to sex work throughout the world, and explain why they don't work;
法律手段,并且解释为什么它们没有作用。
why prohibiting the sex industry actually exacerbates every harm that sex workers are vulnerable to.
为什么禁止色情行业实际上让本来脆弱的性工作者雪上加霜。
Then I'm going tell you about what we, as sex workers, actually want.
然后我将告诉大家作为性工作者,我们真正渴望什么。
The first approach is full criminalization.
第一种法律手段是完全刑事化。
Half the world, including Russia, South Africa and most of the US,
地球上的半数国家,包括俄罗斯、南非和大部分的美国,
regulates sex work by criminalizing everyone involved.
宣布所有从事性工作的人,
So that's seller, buyer and third parties.
包括卖春者,买春者和第三方是违法的。
Lawmakers in these countries apparently hope that the fear of getting arrested will deter people from selling sex.
这些国家的立法者显然希望被捕的恐惧会遏制人们卖淫的想法。
But if you're forced to choose between obeying the law and feeding yourself or your family,
但是如果你必须要在遵守法律和养家糊口中选择一个,
you're going to do the work anyway, and take the risk.
你还是会选择铤而走险去卖淫的。
Criminalization is a trap.
刑事化是一个陷阱。
It's hard to get a conventional job when you have a criminal record.
如果你有了犯罪记录,就很难找到传统的工作。
Potential employers won't hire you.
招聘方不会雇佣你。
Assuming you still need money, you'll stay in the more flexible, informal economy.
假设你仍然需要钱,你的经济状况仍然是脆弱的,不正规的。
The law forces you to keep selling sex, which is the exact opposite of its intended effect.
法律不仅没有阻止你,反而强迫了你去继续卖淫。
Being criminalized leaves you exposed to mistreatment by the state itself.
卖淫活动的刑事化导致卖淫者会受到国家本身的不公平对待。
In many places you may be coerced into paying a bribe
很多情况下你不得不用贿赂
or even into having sex with a police officer to avoid arrest.
甚至与警察官员性交易的方式来避免被逮捕。
Police and prison guards in Cambodia, for example,
比如说,柬埔寨的警察和监狱看守
have been documented subjecting sex workers to what can only be described as torture:
曾经被记录使用折磨的手段对待性工作者:
threats at gunpoint, beatings, electric shocks, rape and denial of food.
用枪恐吓她们,殴打,电击,强奸她们,甚至让她们绝食。