When they look at you, at what it cost to live at the heart of this, they'll wonder at it.
当人们看着你的时候 他们会想 付出怎样的代价才能得到他拥有的一切
They'll wonder at you, they should.
他们会琢磨 这很正常
But they should also look at the wretched woman by your side,if they want to understand what this was truly like.
但如果他们真的想知道个中滋味 他们应该来看看你身旁这个可怜的女人
For the ordinary person. For anyone other than you.
为了普通百姓 为了你之外的其他人
We must try to be happier.We must. Both of us.
我们要试着高兴起来 两人都要高兴起来
We've been so miserable for so long.
我们已经痛苦了太久了
I did say some colored men,the intelligent, the educated, and veterans, i qualified it.
我确实说过批准某些有色人种 那些聪明的 受过教育的 打过仗的
Mr. Stevens is furious.He wants to know why you qualified it.
史蒂文斯先生很愤怒 他想知道你为什么会批准
No one's heard the intelligent or the educated part.
没人听说过什么聪明的 受过教育的
All they heard was the first time any president has ever made mention of Negro voting.
他们听到的仅仅是 历史上第一次有位总统提到了 黑人选举权
Still, I wish I had mentioned it in a better speech.
我要是能说的更精彩一点就好了
Mr. Stevens also wants to know why you didn't make a better speech.
史蒂文斯先生也想知道 您为什么没有说的更精彩一点