I was lucky – I found what I loved to do early in life.
我非常幸运,因为我在很早的时候就找到了我钟爱的东西。
Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20.
沃兹和我在二十岁的时候就在父母的车库里面开创了苹果公 司。
We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a billion company with over 4000 employees.
我们工作得很努力,十年之后,这个公司从那两个车库中的穷光蛋发展到了超过四千名的雇员、价值超过二十亿的大公司。
We had just released our finest creation – the Macintosh – a year earlier, and I had just turned 30.
在公司成立的第九年,我们刚刚发布 了最好的产品,那就是 Macintosh。我也快要到三十岁了。
And then I got fired.
在那一年,我被炒了鱿鱼。
How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well.
你怎么可能被你自己创立的公司炒了鱿鱼呢?嗯,在苹果快速成长的时候,我们雇用了一个 很有天分的家伙和我一起管理这个公司,在最初的几年,公司运转的很好。
But then our visions of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out.
但是后来我们对未来的看法发生了分歧, 最终我们吵了起来。
When we did, our Board of Directors sided with him.
当争吵不可开交的时候,董事会站在了他的那一边。
So at 30 I was out.
所以在三十岁的时候,我被炒了。
And very publicly out.
在这么多人的眼皮下我被炒了。
What had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating.
在而立之年,我生命的全 部支柱离自己远去,这真是毁灭性的打击。