I think I never drink as much tea as I did in Egypt.
我感觉我从来没喝过这么多的茶
And to be honest with you, we could have finished earlier,
老实说,我们其实可以提前竣工
but I think it took us three weeks because of all those tea breaks.
但我认为这个项目花费了我们三个星期是因为那些喝茶的休息时间
In Egypt, they have another expression, which is "Nawartouna," which means, "You brought light to us."
在埃及他们还有一句话是“Nawartouna”,意思是“你给我们带来了光明”
In Manshiyat Naser they were always telling us this.
纳赛尔的人们总是这样跟我们说
The calligraphy, actually -- I used a white glow-in-the-dark paint for the calligraphy
那个艺术字,事实上---我用了白色夜光涂料绘制了整个艺术字
so at the end of the project, we rented some black light projectors
所以在项目的最后,我们借来了紫外线投影仪
and lit up the whole neighborhood, surprising everybody around.
照亮整个社区,惊讶了周围所有人
We wanted to tell them that they are the ones who brought light to us.
我想告诉他们的是,他们才是那些带给我们光明的人
The Zaraeeb community are strong, honest, hard workers, and they know their value.
Zaraeeb社区是强大的,诚实的,勤劳的,而且他们知道自己的价值何在
The people of Cairo call them "the Zabaleen," which means "the people of the garbage,"
开罗的人称呼他们为“札巴林人”,意思是“捡垃圾的人”
but ironically, the people of Manshiyat Naser call the people of Cairo the Zabaleen.
但纳赛尔的人嘲讽地说,开罗的人才是札林巴人
They say, they are the ones who produce the garbage, not them.
他们说,生产垃圾的是开罗人,而不是他们
The goal was to leave something to this community,
我们的目标曾是给这个社区留下一些价值
but I feel that they are the ones who left something in our lives.
但现在,我认为他们在我们的生活中留下了价值
You know, the art project was just a pretext for this amazing human experience.
你知道,艺术只是为人生经历增色的一个说辞
The art piece at some point will disappear, vanish,
某一天,艺术作品会绝迹,会消失
and actually there is somebody who is building a second floor in front of Uncle Ibrahim's house,
事实上这里有些人正在Ibrahim叔叔的房子前建造另一座双层楼
so it's covering part of the painting, so I might need to go back and paint over it.
这座新楼遮挡住了我作品的部分,所以我还得回去重新涂一下
It was about the experience, about the story, about the moment.
这是关于一次经历,一个故事,一个瞬间
From the streets of the neighborhood, the painting appears in fragments, isolated from one another, standing alone.
从附近的街道看,这幅作品是破碎的,彼此孤立,独自站立在一旁
But connected with the sign of calligraphy
但是书法的标志使它们联系到了一起
that today reveals the powerful message that we should all think about before we want to judge somebody.
今天,它向人们揭示了强有力的要旨,一个当我们去判断某一个人之前都值得去思考的要旨:
Anyone who wants to see the sunlight clearly needs to wipe his eyes first. Thank you.
任何一个想清楚看到阳光的人需要先擦亮自己的眼睛。谢谢。