And when I think about the kind of president that I want for my girls and all our children, that's what I want.
每当我思考我的女儿和所有的儿童需要一个什么样的总统,她就是我想要的人选。
I want someone with the proven strength to persevere.
我要的是一个坚持不懈,久经考验的人选。
Someone who knows this job and takes it seriously.
我要的是一个懂得职责,谨慎认真的人选。
Someone who understands that the issues the president faces are not black and white.
我要的人选,要理解总统要面对的事不是非黑即白。
It cannot be boiled down to 140 characters. Look, because...
可不是能够压缩进140个字符就能说清的。因为啊......
Because when you have the nuclear codes at your fingertips and the military in your command, you can't make snap decisions.
因为当核武器由你执掌,三军虎符握于手中,你就得三思而后行。
You can't have a thin skin or a tendency to lash out.
不能是一个一戳就炸爱发火的人。
You need to be steady and measured and well informed.
你必须平和审慎,广识博知。
I want a president with a record of public service.
我心中的总统人选,要有从事公职的记录。
Someone whose life's work shows our children that we don't chase fame and fortune for ourselves; we fight to give everyone a chance to succeed.
用毕生的工作向我们的孩子证明,我们不是那些追逐名利之徒,我们的奋斗,是确保所有人都有成功的机会。
And we give back even when we are struggling ourselves because we know that there is always someone worse off.
我们要回馈社会,哪怕我们的生活也有困难,因为我们深知,总有人的生活比我们更困难。
And there but for the grace of God, go I.
若非托上帝鸿福,我也会如此。
I want a president who will teach our children that everyone in this country matters.
我理想的总统要能教育我们的孩子,国家的每一个人都很重要。
A president who truly believes in the vision that our founders put forth all those years ago that we are all created equal, each a beloved part of the great American story.
那个总统应该对国父们数百年前的理想抱有信念,我们人人生而平等,每个人都是伟大美国故事的宝贵章节。
And when crisis hits, we don't turn against each other, we listen to each other, we lean on each other.
当面临危机,我们不能分离崩析,我们互相倾听互相依靠。
Because we are always stronger together.
因为团结起来我们才更加强大。