In your country, the dragon is a little bit evil, right? Right.
在你们国家,龙有一点,有点邪恶是吗?是的。
But we are not. You are not evil.
但我们不的是。你们的龙不邪恶
So your dragon... It's god. It's kind, It's benevolent? Yeah.
你们的龙...它是神。是和善仁慈的。是的。
Also, bring all the good luck, money, happiness to people.
也给人带来好运,财运,还有幸福
So this is a key part of any Chinese New Year celebration is having a dragon being part of that?
所以这是中国新年庆典里重要部分就是得有舞龙
Yes. Dragons and lion dance and kung fu.
是的。舞龙,舞狮和功夫
Dragon lion dance and kung fu. So they are all connected?
舞龙,舞狮和功夫,这些都相关吗
Yeah, yeah, just like... The lion dance is also like this.
是的,就像这样...舞狮也是这个动作
OK? OK. OK. So you see the Dragon dancer?
哦。是的。你看那些舞龙的人
Can I have a go and just see what it is like to hold?
我能试一下吗,想试试握着那杆的感受
Lovely, OK. Can I? Yeah? Yeah. So, this one? Yeah.
太棒了,好的。真的可以吗?可以。拿这根?是的。
Traditionally, the dragon was a sign of strength and power
传统上,龙象征着力量和权力
and it was often used by China's emperors as their own symbol.
中国的皇帝经常拿它作为自己的象征
It is surprisingly heavy when you are doing this.
这样舞动时,真是沉得出奇
The most revered of the mythical animals,
它是最神秘和令人敬畏的动物
its movement in the performance must demonstrate its power and dignity,
表演中的每个动作都是在彰显自己的权力和尊严
and the longer it is, the more luck it will bring the community.
舞龙越长,越是能给社区带来好运
Oh, my goodness. OK. And you do start to feel part of this amazing animal.
哦,老天啊,好了。我开始感觉到这一神奇的动物了