"Salutations are greetings," said the voice.
“敬礼是句问候话,”那声音说,
"When I say 'salutations,' it's just my fancy way of saying hello or good morning.
“我说‘敬礼’,这只是我喜欢用这种方式来表示‘你好’或者‘你早’。
Actually, it's a silly expression, and I am surprised that I used it at all.
说实在的,这种方式有点傻,我也奇怪我怎么会说惯了。
As for my whereabouts, that's easy.
至于我在什么地方,那很简单。
Look up here in the corner of the doorway!
你只要抬头朝门犄角这儿看看!
Here I am. Look, I'm waving!"
我就在这上面。看,我在挥腿呢!”
At last Wilbur saw the creature that had spoken to him in such a kindly way.
威尔伯终于看到了那么好心好意地对它说话的东西。
Stretched across the upper part of the doorway was a big spiderweb,
门口上端张着一个大蜘蛛网,
and hanging from the top of the web, head down, was a large grey spider.
从网顶头朝下吊着的是只灰色大蜘蛛。
She was about the size of a gumdrop.
它有一颗橡皮糖大小,
She had eight legs, and she was waving one of them at Wilbur in friendly greeting.
八条腿,它正在向威尔伯挥动其中一条腿,友好地打着招呼呢。
"See me now?" she asked. "
“现在看见我啦?”它问道。