What that sort of rationalization tends to obscure, is again that X and Y are independent variables.
同样地,这种解释也忽视了X和Y是互相独立的变量的事实
And there are these businesses where you capture a lot of X and there others where you don't.
软件公司只是抓住了X的相当大的一部分,而爱因斯坦没有
And so, I do think the history of innovation has been this history where the microeconomics,
因此,纵观创新的历史微观经济学
the structure of these industries has mattered a tremendous amount.
也就是行业的结构,非常重要
And when there is sort of this story where some people have made vast fortunes,
有些人获得了巨大的财富
because they were in industries with the right structure,
是因为他们在行业中的结构正确
and other people made nothing at all,
没赚钱的人
because they were in these sort of very competitive things.
通常是进入了竞争激烈的领域
And we shouldn't just rationalize that away, I think it's worth understanding this better.
我们对比不应草率地进行解释,我们可以对此有更深入的理解
And then finally, let me come back to this sort of overarching theme for this talk, this competition is for losers idea.
最后,我们回到本次讲座的主题,“失败者才相互竞争”的概念
Which is always a provocative way to title things,
这是一种有点挑衅的说法
because we always think of the losers as the people who are not good at competing.
因为我们通常认为失败者是那些不擅于竞争的人
We think of the losers as the people who are slow on the sports team, on the track team in high school,
我们通常认为失败者是田径队跑的慢的
or who do a little bit less well on the standardized tests, and don't get into the right schools.
考试中分数不高的或者没考上好学校的
So we always think of losers as people who can't compete, and I want us to really rethink,
因此我们通常认为的失败者是那些不擅于竞争的人,但我希望大家重新想一想
and revalue this and consider whether it's possible that competition itself is off.
考虑一下有没有可能是竞争本身的问题
That we've sort of, it's not just the case and we don't understand this monopoly competition dichotomy intellectually.
可能不是失败者的问题,而是我们没有辩证地看待垄断竞争的问题
So that's, sort of, why you wouldn't understand intellectually, because people lie about it.
为什么会产生这样的结果?因为人们经常对公司的性质