Since diving headlong into the middle of the Sahara Desert it has been a wild ride.
从头部向前 跳入撒哈拉大沙漠的中心地带开始 我进行了一次危险之旅
From miles of baking sand and an abandoned well,to the fury of the Atlantic Ocean.
从绵延数英里的荒漠 和废弃的水井 一路到波涛汹涌的大西洋
And the truly indescribable breakfast.
还有不可思议的早餐
This place has tested me to the limits while showing you how to survive on one of the harshest environments on earth.
这片土地挑战了我的极限 同时也向你展示如何 从地球上最荒芜的环境中逃出生天
It's about 20 foot down there.
大约有20英尺高
Now I have reached the most precious thing any desert survivor can ever find-- water.
现在我找到了对沙漠求生者来说 最珍贵的东西 水源
Nearly smacked into the bottom.But that is so nice
险些撞到池底 这真是太棒了
You cannot underestimate the feeling for a survivor come across water like this.
能找到水源 求生者的欣喜难以言表
Just so nice.With your mouth parched, you dry.Just like liquid gold.
太棒了 现在我是 口干舌燥 就如同液体黄金
There's nothing you'd trade for it.In the desert, water really is the difference between life and death.
任何东西都无法取代水 沙漠中 生与死的区别 在于是否能找到水源
This water is fresh,but there is no guarantee it's clean.
水是淡水 但不保证它很干净
Look at all of this.Black, stinking goo.
看看这些 又黑又粘
But there is a way of improvising a filter if you just come up the slope of it,
如果遇到这样的斜坡 就有办法 把池水进行过滤
start digging down and dig what's called a gypsy well.
要向下挖 挖出一种吉普赛式的水井
It's just a very simple way of filtering the water.
这种过滤水的方法 非常简单
You see the water beginning to seep in.You see, pretty murky the water fills that way.
水开始渗进去了 浑浊的水充满了这个坑洞
Clear all of that out now and then let it fill up again.
把浑浊的水清理出来 等坑洞再次充满水