But overall, high levels of happiness. And it was going to last for the rest of your life.
但总是来说是高水平的快乐 这种快乐将持续一生
And you came here Freshmen week, you knew it was going to last for the rest of your life.
来到这里 经过新生周 你知道快乐会持续一生
Because you were around wonderful people. It was fun. There were parties.
因为身边都是杰出的人 大学生活很丰富 派对不断
And you said, Everything they said about Harvard was not true. It's actually a party school.
你说人们对哈佛的想法都错了 这里其实是个派对大学
You were certain of that, right? And not only was it a party school.
你们很确定这一点 不是吗? 不仅是个派对大学
You were going to have an amazing time for the four years and beyond. Because your life was transformed by this letter of acceptance.
而且未来四年甚至以后 都会过得很快乐 因为你的人生被这封录取信改变
Right? Things started to change probably on the first day of class.
没错吧? 事情也许从开课第一天就发生变化
But not entirely because there's shopping period and it's such a wonderful thing.
但没有完全不同 因为这是购物期 妙不可言的阶段
You shop for classes. It's even better than going to the mall.
你们选择课程 比去商场更过瘾
So many, 3000 classes to choose from. And this second week of Harvard is fantastic.
有三千门课程任你挑选 在哈佛的第二周妙不可言
And it was going to continue just that way, constant tide for the rest of your life.
这种情况将持续下去 余生将是一浪高于一浪的快乐
And then suddenly things begin to change. Slightly. Ever so slightly.
事情突然开始发生变化 轻微地 非常轻微地
And they completely change once your first paper is due or the midterms arrive.
要写第一篇论文时 情况彻底改变 或期中考试来临时
And you go back to your base level of wellbeing. If you experience a lot of stress.
你恢复基础幸福水平 如果你在高中
In high school and elementary school and were unhappy, generally the best predictor would say that.
初中时经历过很大压力而且不快乐 一般来说最好的预言家会说