There's just time for some final rehearsals.
这是最后的彩排了
Organising this operation, including over 2,000 performers, is Mason Hung.
这场包括两千多位演员的活动就是由洪忠兴组织举办的
Mason, you are the grandfather of this event.
您可是这场盛事的创始人啊
So go back to the very, very first event, what was it like and why did you start?
让我们回到它的最初去看,那时是怎样的情况,你为啥策划了它呢
Originally we... at the beginning we think about something very traditional.
起初我们...一开始我们想到的是一些非常传统的东西
But Hong Kong is an international city
但香港是一座国际化的都市
so we would like to do something in a sense Chinese but also in a sense international.
所以我们想要做一些很有中国味道,又很国际化的事情
It has become more colourful and exciting.
如今它已经变得更加多彩而刺激了
I have the privilege of being on one of the floats tonight. Yes. What advice would you give me?
今晚我很荣幸能获准登上游行彩车。是的。你会给我些什么建议呢
Make sure you don't fall off and enjoy!
确保别摔下来,然后就是尽情享受啦
As the acts go through a pre-show performance,
在正式演出前的预演时
I make my way back to my personal chariot which is the very last float in the parade.
我回到了我的个人座驾,也就是整场游行里的最后一辆彩车上
Hey, good luck, guys, happy New Year. Good Luck!
嗨,祝你们好运啊,各位,新年快乐。祝你好运
That is what is absolutely brilliant about this parade.
这绝对是这场游行最为出彩之处
It is not just professional performers, children, schools, everybody gets involved
它不是职业演员的专业表演,孩子们、诸多学校、每个人都参与其中
and there is a real sense of community and global participation.
构建了真正的共同体意识和全世界的参与
I have got to go and get my jacket on, my red lucky scarf, get on my float and join in this massive parade.
我得去穿上我的夹克和幸运红围巾,爬上彩车,然后去参加这场盛大游行了