And to all of you out there, every organizer who moved to an unfamiliar town,
所有支持我的人:每一个搬到自己不熟悉的小镇的组织者,
every kind family who welcomed them in,
还有那些热情招呼他们进门的家庭,
every volunteer who knocked on doors, every young person who cast a ballot for the first time,
每一个上门游说的志愿者,每一个第一次投票的年轻人,
every American who lived and breathed the hard work of change,
每一位在充满变数的时事中艰难生活的美国人……
you are the best supporters and organizers anybody could ever hope for, and I will be forever grateful.
你们是最好的支持者和组织者,我永远感激你们。
Because you did change the world.You did.
是的,你们的确改变了世界,你们做到了。
And that's why I leave this stage tonight even more optimistic about this country than when we started.
这是为什么今天我比刚任职时,更为乐观地看待我们国家的未来。
Because I know our work has not only helped so many Americans, it has inspired so many Americans,
因为我知道我们所做的工作不仅帮助了很多人,更激励了很多人,
especially so many young people out there,
尤其是年轻人。
to believe that you can make a difference, to hitch your wagon to something bigger than yourselves.
要相信你们可以促成改变,要为比自身更重要的事情而努力奋斗。
Let me tell you, this generation coming up, unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic,
我想说,这一代年轻人不自私、有创意、爱国。
I've seen you in every corner of the country.
我在美国处处可以见到你们。
You believe in a fair, and just, and inclusive America.
你们相信美国可以更公平、更公正、更包容;
You know that constant change has been America's hallmark; that it's not something to fear but something to embrace.
你们了解不断的变化正是美国的特质,我们应该面对而不应该惧怕;
You are willing to carry this hard work of democracy forward.
你们也愿意去承受推进民主的重任。
You'll soon outnumber all of us, and I believe as a result the future is in good hands.
你们将最终超越我们所有人,我相信国家的未来在你们手中将会更加光明。