Second, we have to change, but incremental change is not going to be sufficient.
第二,我们必须改变,但是逐步的变化是不够的。
We need transformational change.
我们需要的是转型和变革。
And there are some incremental projects in my country, and I am the first one to celebrate them.
我们的国家也在实施一些逐步改善计划,而我也是第一个为这些计划叫好的人。
But let's not kid ourselves.
但是不要自欺欺人。
We're not talking about ending up with really beautiful electric cars here and a few electric buses there
我们谈的不是这里以后会有漂亮的电动汽车,那里又会有几辆电动公共汽车,
while we keep investing in the same kind of infrastructure, more cars, more roads, more oil.
如果我们持续投资跟以前一样的城市基础设施,这只会造成一样的车多,路多,油多。
We're talking about breaking free from oil, and you cannot get there through incrementalism.
我们谈的是彻底从石油中解脱,而我们也不能通过渐进主义做到这一点。
Third, and you know this one, the world is hungry for inspiration.
第三,你们都有所耳闻,今天的世界如饥似渴地寻找灵感来源。
It craves stories of success in dealing with complex issues, especially in developing countries.
成功处理复杂事件的背后隐藏着刻苦铭心的故事,特别是在发展中国家。
So I believe Costa Rica can be an inspiration to others,
所以我觉得哥斯达黎加可以成为别国的典范,
as we did last year when we disclosed that for so many days we were not using any fossil fuels in order to generate all our electricity.
就像我们去年向世界透露,我们已经有很长一段时间都没有用化石燃料来发电了一样。
The news went viral around the world.
这则消息像病毒一样疯狂传遍了全世界。
Also, and this makes me extremely proud,
而且,这也让我感到非常的自豪,
a Costa Rican woman, Christiana Figueres, played a decisive role in the negotiations of the Paris climate agreement.
一个哥斯达黎加的女性,克里斯汀安娜·菲格雷斯,在巴黎气候协议中的谈判起到了关键性的作用。
So we have to protect that legacy and be an example.
所以我们必须捍卫这个成就,并且以身作则。