He could give you a splendid home.A comfortable life.Father.
他能给你一座大宅子 舒适的生活父亲
Consider.This is likely to be your best offer.
考虑考虑 这是你最好的机会了
Wisley?It is true,so far he has not impressed.A booby.He should grow out of that.
卫斯理? 是真的 到目前为止 他还 他是个呆子 他会变的
Nothing destroys spirit like poverty.
任何东西 比如贫困 都不能让精神屈服
I saw Queen Marie Antoinette wear something the same at a ball once.
我看见玛丽安东妮皇后在舞会上穿过一次
Am I making a show? I am,I know.
我是不是在出洋相?是的 我知道
What trouble we take to make them like us when we like them.
当你喜欢上一个人 想要他也喜欢你 你会不辞辛苦
Henry?Eliza,my brother is much younger than you.And poorer.
亨利? 伊丽莎白 我哥哥比你年轻多了 也穷多了
He knows that I care for him sincerely.I know that he is handsome.
他知道我真心对他好 他的确很英俊
And the handsome young men must have something to live on as well as the plain.
年轻英俊的男人除了表面的职业之外 肯定还有其他谋生手段
You encourage him to take you for money?
你怂恿他为钱而接纳你?
Men do.That does not make it honourable.Well,I'm a sensible woman.
男人会这样的 这么做可不体面 我是个明智的女人
I thank God I am not,by your description.
感谢上帝 我不是