people who experience child abuse are much, much more likely to be abusers themselves er,
在童年时受过虐待的人非常非常可能成为施虐者
so the idea of what was done to you is what you turn around and
所以别人对你做过什么然后你反过来也同样对待别人
do often happens er in these areas I think.
我认为这种情况在这些领域是经常出现的
Bill, one reason I was different from this traumatic bonding
比尔,我的观点和这种创伤情节不同
the survivors of torture often have a hard time fitting into society
因为折磨的幸存者经常很难适应社会
as you pointed out in finding other work. Yeah
你在其它的文章中也指出了这个问题,是的
They end up doing this for lack of a better alternative. Some of them.
他们最后会这么做是因为他们没有其他更好的选择,有些人就是这样
You, you mean provide, becoming torturers? Yes Yeah, right.
你的意思是成为施虐者?是的.是的,没错
And it's also a way of trying to gain some sort of sense of efficacy again you know,
这也是一种获得再次获得某种效用感的方式
er of acting out it's a terrible way, and a destructive way but I think
虽然表现出来是非常可怕的,是具有毁灭性的
there's a psychological understanding of that
但是从心理学角度是可以理解的
We have time for I'm afraid only one more question at this point.
恐怕我们只能再问最后一个问题了
I wonder if it would be your field of expertise why not though in attempt of accessing people,
我的问题是,这是不是你的研究领域在接触这些人的过程中
is there ever any er use of massage? Yeah, the same thing as the street theatre.
按摩推拿有别的用处吗? 是的这和街头表演一样
So many thinks I wish I had more time for,
很多人也认为,我希望我有多点时间
but the er, the talk therapy that we use in middle class
但是我们在中产阶级使用的谈话疗法
American ways really is not what er the best approach
美国式的方法真的不是最好的方法
for er people who come from other cultures who have no understanding of psychology,
因为很多人来自别的文化对心理学不了解
no understanding of therapy, and the idea of using a much broader base
对治疗法不了解所以我们使用更广的基础方式
we use massage therapy a lot, we use dance therapy, we use music therapy, we use er art it's um,
我们大量使用推拿疗法,我们使用舞蹈疗法,音乐疗法使用艺术疗法
Cambodian widows created a tapestry
让来自柬埔寨的寡妇们做织锦
which was tremendously therapeutic for them,
对他们来说有巨大的治疗效果
uh the idea that you have to talk this all through is, is not what I meant to convey.
你所一直表达的观点和我的观点不同