So we have gone through almost 30 characters.
我们已经学了差不多三十个汉字,
By using this method, the first eight radicals will allow you to build 32.
通过这个方法,这八个基本字可以衍生出三十二个汉字,
The next group of eight characters will build an extra 32.
下一组的八个汉字又会衍生出另外32个汉字。
So with very little effort, you will be able to learn a couple hundred characters,
所以,大家很轻松地就可学到几百个汉字,
which is the same as a Chinese eight-year-old.
这相当于八岁中国孩子的汉语程度。
So after we know the characters, we start building phrases.
在学过了这些字后,我们开始学习造词组。
For example, the mountain and the fire together, we have fire mountain. It's a volcano.
比如,把“山”和“火”放在一起,我们有“火山”。这是“火山”。
We know Japan is the land of the rising sun.
我们知道日本是太阳升起的地方。
This is a sun placed with the origin, because Japan lies to the east of China.
这里把太阳和原点放在一起,因为日本位于中国的东面。
So a sun, origin together, we build Japan.
所以把太阳和原点放在一起,就是“日本”。
A person behind Japan, what do we get? A Japanese person.
在“日本”后面加个“人”,我们得到什么?“日本人”。
The character on the left is two mountains stacked on top of each other.
左边的字有两座山,上下叠在一起。
In ancient China, that means in exile,
在古代中国,这意味着流亡,
because Chinese emperors, they put their political enemies in exile beyond mountains.
因为中国的皇帝把政敌流放到大山之外。
Nowadays, exile has turned into getting out.
现今,“流放”变成了“走出去”。
A mouth which tells you where to get out is an exit.
一个“口”字告诉你从哪里出去,就是“出口”。
This is a slide to remind me that I should stop talking and get off of the stage. Thank you.
这张幻灯片提醒我,该结束演讲了,并走下台。谢谢。