Listen, Warren is smarter than you even know.
听着 沃伦比你想得还要聪明
His brain is going all the time.
他的脑袋一直在转
And my dad said to me,
我父亲和我说
Now you have to understand about him.
现在你要理解他
you're not going to have discussions with him like you would most normal people,but he has a heart of gold.
你不能像和大多数正常人讲话一样和他说话 但他有一颗金子般的心
He was just totally enamored of her,and why not? And she of him.
他对妻子很迷恋为什么不呢 她对他也是如此
She'd sit on his lap all the time, and he'd stroke her hair.
她会一直坐在他的膝盖上 他轻抚着她的头发
It was softening him.
这软化了他
Susie was really kind, considerate,and she was the balancing force.
苏西非常善良 体贴 她就是那种平衡的力量
I just got very, very, very lucky.
我非常非常幸运
But I was a lopsided person,
但我是一个非常不平衡的人
and it took a while, but she just stood there with a little watering can
这需要一段时间 但她就拿着小水壶
and just nourished me along and,and changed me.
为我浇灌 改变了我
Somebody once said that the chains of habit
有人曾说兴趣的链条之轻
are too light to be felt until they're too heavy to be broken.
无法感受 除非你去重重的破坏它
I had been terrified of public speaking.
我曾害怕当众演讲
I couldn't do it.I'd throw up.
我做不到 我会呕吐
And I knew if I didn't cure it then, I'd never cure it.
我知道我如果不治就治不好了
And so I saw an ad in the paper for the Dale Carnegie Course,
所以我看到了报纸上戴尔卡内基课程的广告
which worked on developing your ability to speak in public,and I went down there.
那是开发人当众说话能力的 所以我就去了