I'm on a raft in the Torres Strait,heading for an island which offers a chance of rescue.
我正在托雷斯海峡上的一叶竹筏上 朝着蕴含一线生机的小岛前进
I've made good progress,but the conditions are getting harder.
慢慢我驾轻就熟 但环境却越来越恶劣
Right out beyond the reef now.It's way rougher here.
现在出礁域了 情况急转直下
Really where the battle begins between the wind taking me that way,
我正陷入一场激烈的战斗 海风把我吹向这边
and the tide trying to sweep me that way.
潮水 则想把我扫向另一边
Recently, three local fishermen lost that battle and spent 20 days adrift in this strait,
前不久 三个当地渔民在此沦陷 在海峡中漂了二十天
only surviving by eating raw squid and drinking rainwater.
靠吃生鱿鱼 喝冰冷雨水 才侥幸逃生
The weather's closing in, as well, now.Feel the rain.
现在天气也要大变了 下雨了
Hope that doesn't mean the wind's gonna pick up even more.
希望风不会因此变大
I'm struggling now to control this thing.
我现在可是拼了老命控制这玩意
In the rougher seas and strengthening winds,
在汹涌的波涛和强劲的海风威胁下
it's proving far harder to stay upright.
想在筏子上立足真是难上加难
Every time, this sail is just getting heavier and heavier.
每落水一次 帆都会变重
But visibility is getting worse,and I'm struggling to stay on course.
能见度越来越低 我仍尽力保持着航线
See this abyss that's coming The rain.
天越来越暗了 雨来了
I do not want to lose sight of that island.
我不想让那座岛消失在视线中