What is it about this story that what?
这个故事怎么了
What is it about this latest book,
最后这本诗歌形式的回忆录中
the memoir in poetry form that enabled you to finish some of those stories that you'd not been able to finish before?
有什么使你能够完结这些之前未能了结的故事
I like to think that there is a miraculous... there is a miraculous, magical thing that happens with poetry,
我想那本书里有个很神奇的事情是跟诗歌有关的
that maybe poetry can accomplish some of the things that prose cannot.
可能诗歌能够达到散文所不能及的境界
And maybe another thing that's happened is, it's been thirty five years since I wrote the other version and that I know a lot of things.
可能发生的另一件事是从我写另一个版本以来已经35年了,我了解到很多事情
Oh, maybe here's another, something else that happened...
可能还有另一件事。一些刚刚发生的
that crone woman came out of nowhere and she grabbed me by the arm
那个满脸皱纹的老太太不知道从哪儿冒出来的,她抓着我的胳膊
and she presented that water and we had a ceremony...where did that come from?
把水递过来,进行了那个仪式……那是从哪儿来的
That is the ending of the story and it just came and it didn't come in a dream,
这就是故事的结局,就这么发生了,并不是在梦里
she did not come in a dream, she was real and I recognised it, that's the other part.
她没有从梦里来,她是真实的,我认识到了这点,那是另一部分了
But this thing happened and I, poet, recognised it.
但是这件事发生了,我,作为一个诗人,认识到了