Track One
Flew from Beijing to Seattle
从北京飞往西雅图
We drove down all the way from Seattle on the 101
从西雅图出发,沿着101国道向南而行。
All the way to San Francisco and then we went in all the way to Arizona and Utah
去往旧金山,然后一路开往亚利桑那州和犹他州。
To the National Parks
去往美国国家公园
When you were in Seattle did you go up the Space Needle—yes we did.
你们在西雅图的时候,去看太空针塔顶观光了么?——是的,我们去了
Seattle—did you 'bump into' anyone like Bill Gates—or anyone like that?
在西雅图的时候,有没有偶遇像比尔盖茨这样的名人呢?
No. Seattle of course is the home town for Microsoft—my friends actually work for Microsoft
并没有。西雅图是微软的故乡,我的一些朋友也在微软工作。
Boeing—a lot of plane are made there
波音——那里生产制造了很多飞机。
I think Starbucks if I remember right
星巴克,如果我没记错的话
It used to be Seattle Coffee Company or something like that
它的前身应该是西雅图咖啡公司,或者是其他的名字。
I think first Starbucks is somewhere close to Pipe Market
我想第一家星巴克就是在离Pipe Market很近的地方。
Seattle—it is quite different to other US cities
西雅图与美国的其他城市有很大不同。
Very academic but laid back—lovely area and great air
很有学术气息却又祥和宁静,人杰地灵,空气清新
We were really lucky because they say in Seattle it always rains
我们此行很幸运,听说西雅图这城市总下雨。
But the day we arrived it was actually really hot and sunny
但我们到达西雅图的时候,天气晴朗,阳光灿烂,还挺热。
It is really true that people in Seattle really like a lot of outdoors
住在西雅图的人们非常喜欢户外运动,这倒是真的。
Hiking, biking, really active community in Seattle
爱好徒步旅行,骑行的人群在西雅图相当活跃
You drove down the Coast Highway?
你们是沿着海滨高速南下的吗?
The 101—it was really beautiful, really good—not a lot of cars on the road
是的,101国道,真的是太美了!景色很壮观,路上的车也并不多
We took it really easy—took 12 days
我们比较轻松地完成了这次旅行,用了12天
Through the Cascades, the Coastal Mountain ranges of NW United States
经过了克斯科特山脉,美国西北部的沿海群山
We went from Seattle to Portland.
我们从西雅图出发,驶向波特兰
Then through the Redwood Forests
穿越了红杉林区
Giant sequoia trees—you can actually drive a car through a tree
见到了许多巨大的红杉树——你真的可以开车从一棵树中穿过
In Sequoia Park there are amazing, huge trees
在国家红杉公园中有很多美得令人惊叹的巨树
There is one you can actually drive through with your car
有一棵你真的可以开车穿过
Then San Francisco—an amazing place also.
接下来到达旧金山,也同样是一个有趣的地方
Track Two
San Francisco is really amazing—it is really hilly though!
旧金山真的很神奇,是个有些崎岖的城市
With your Chinese background, did you go to Chinatown?
你也有中国的背景,去过唐人街么
Yes, of course—one of the biggest in America
当然去过——美国最大的唐人街之一
It was nice to walk through—a bit like home, but not home
去那里逛逛,走完一条街还挺舒服的,有点像是在家,却又不在家
What about the Chinese food in San Francisco
旧金山的中餐如何
The first Chinese food exported to the West is all Cantonese food
所有出口海外的中餐中,第一款就是广东菜
So a lot of those Chinese restaurants—all Cantonese influence
好多中国餐厅,几乎都受到粤菜的影响
Did you go out Pier 39?
你去渔人码头39号了么
Of course—you can't miss that—something you have to visit when you are in San Francisco
当然,那是不能不去的——有些地方去旧金山是一定要去的
Memories! My last meal in San Francisco was at the Mandarin Chinese restaurant out on Pier 39
满满的回忆呀,我在旧金山的最后一顿饭就是在渔人码头39号的一个中餐馆
Watching the sun setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge
在金门大桥惬意欣赏落日
That sounds really, really nice
听起来真的很美妙
My meal actually was fish and chips at Pier 39
我在渔人码头39号却吃的鱼和薯条(有些搞笑)
Cable Cars, the tram cars go up over the hills
有轨电车,都在山上穿行着
Very steep—some of these drives for the cable cars are very, very steep
很陡峭,有一些电车经过的地方特别陡峭
We actually did a lot of walking.
我们确实走了很多路
In distance it does not look that far, but you have forgotten the hills in between.
虽然距离看着没有那么远,那是因为你忘记了中间还翻越了一些小山坡
So at the end of the day, sore legs
所以,到了晚上,腿都是酸疼的
Your destination was inland, into the desert
你的目的地是从内陆,进入沙漠
US has lot of national parks—those we went to were really amazing, in their own way
美国有很多国家公园——那些我们去过的,真的美得令人惊讶,每一个都有自己独特的美
Las Vegas—not my city—you have to be there once in your life
拉斯维加斯——并不太合我胃口的城市,但这座城一生中一定要去一次
We came in the afternoon stayed evening and drove away in the morning.
我们下午到达,待了一晚,第二天清早就开车离开了