Hi, I'm a student at UMass Boston as well.
你好,我也是马萨诸塞州波士顿大学的学生
I was wondering because the story of your aunt being harassed and eventually killing herself because of these villagers.
我对你小姨村民们被侵扰最终自杀的故事很是好奇
It's like the villagers had a very violent act of protest against what she was going through
似乎这些村民反对她所作所为的方式非常的暴力
and yet you in your life have chosen to and have gone through peaceful protests.
然而在你自身生活中选择并经历的却是和平的反对
So I was wondering if there was any moment or specific way of thinking that caused you to turn
所以我想,是否有特定的时刻或者特定的思维方式让你
away from the violent protests that is in your place of origin and towards something else?
从出生地的暴力性示威转向了其他的什么?
I seem to have always been peaceful.
似乎我看起来总是很和平
I was born right into World War Two.
我出生在二战期间
There were always cousins who were soldiers in uniform coming and going in our house
总有堂表兄弟是穿着制服的军人在家里进进出出
and I remember being horrified by war movies and just hysterical about the atom bomb.
我记得自己被战争电影吓到过,对原子弹非常歇斯底里
And my instinct was that...to do something about it.
我的本能是做点什么
And to do something about it is to be peaceful.
做一些和平的事情
And then of course that's just a child's reaction.
当然这只是小孩子的反应
Later, I need my ideological, educated help and of course that comes from Gandhi, Martin Luther King Junior, the Dalai Lama.
后来,我寻求了意识形态和教育上的帮助当然那来自甘地,马丁路德金,达赖喇嘛
And there we can have an educated, rational way of bringing peace.
这样我们才会有有教养的、理性的带来和平的方式
Okay, now we should end because I wanna go out there and sign books for you.
现在我们应该结束了,我想出去给你们签书