Now, 21 billion hours, it's a lot of time.
现在看起来,两百一十亿个小时是很多时间。
It's so much time, in fact, that the number one unsolicited comment that I have heard from people all over the world
真的是很多时间。事实上,我看到的最多的来自世界各地的评论
since I gave that talk, is this: Jane, games are great and all,
自从我做完那个演讲是:Jane, 游戏是好东西,
but on your deathbed, are you really going to wish you spent more time playing Angry Birds?
但是在你临终前,你真的希望你这一生应该花更多的时间打愤怒的小鸟么?
This idea is so pervasive — that games are a waste of time that we will come to regret
打游戏就是浪费生命是普遍存在的想法。我们最终都会后悔,
that I hear it literally everywhere I go.
这是我确实到处都能听到的。
For example, true story: Just a few weeks ago, this cab driver,
例如,有一个真故事:就在几个星期前,这个出租车驾驶员,
upon finding out that a friend and I were in town for a game developers' conference,
得知我和我的一个朋友是来参加一个游戏设计的会议,
turned around and said — and I quote — "I hate games. Waste of life.
他转过头对我们说 “我讨厌打游戏,那是浪费生命。
Imagine getting to the end of your life and regretting all that time."
想一想到生命尽头的时候会后悔浪费掉的时间。”
Now, I want to take this problem seriously.
现在,我想要认真的对待这个问题。
I want games to be a force for good in the world.
我的意思是,我想让游戏成为这个世界上好的影响力。
I don't want gamers to regret the time they spent playing, time that I encouraged them to spend.
我不希望游戏玩家后悔他们花在玩游戏上的时间,那都是我鼓励他们花的时间。
So I have been thinking about this question a lot lately.
因此我最近一直在想这个问题。
When we're on our deathbeds, will we regret the time we spent playing games?
当我们在临终前上,我们会后悔我们花在打游戏上的时间吗?
Now, this may surprise you, but it turns out there is actually some scientific research on this question. It's true.
现在这个可能会使你吃惊,但是在这个问题上确实有过一些科学的研究。
Hospice workers, the people who take care of us at the end of our lives,
善终医院的工作人员,照顾我们走完生命最后一程的人,
recently issued a report on the most frequently expressed regrets that people say when they are literally on their deathbeds.
最近发表了一个报告是关于最常听到临终的遗憾。的确是人们在临终床上说的。
And that's what I want to share with you today — the top five regrets of the dying.
今天我想跟你们分享的是排前五位的临终遗憾。