People are sending billions of requests to the internet all day every day
每时每天 人们向互联网发送数十亿的查询需求
and those requests are traveling across oceans, through cities, through cables, across the airwaves
这些需求横渡大洋跨越城市,穿过电缆 电波
but they'reall ending up in physical locations called data centers.
但是它们最终都落脚在一个物理单位里,那被称为数据中心
We currently are processing over 30 billion queries a day and you know it wasn't very long ago that was measured in the thousands.
现在我们每天要处理超300亿的查询,而不久之前,查询还只是以千为单位计算
The first production servers that Google used were made up of just the computer boards
谷歌使用的第一台执行服务器,只有电脑板
that were needed and some hard disk drives to store the information and we put it on a cork board.
以及几个硬盘驱动程序,用来储存信息我们把它放在一张软木板上
They were kind of sagging in the middle because the cork board started sagging over time.
它们的中部有点松垂,因为随着时间过去 软木板开始下垂了
So we changed and, we made it a little bit more industrialized.
所以我们做了修改,使它更工业化了
The cork board servers were a way of testing out ideas in engineering about how to build more efficient servers.
软木板服务器能检验我们,关于创造更高效服务器的想法
Not only do we want to create the world's most efficient data centers, but we want to power them
我们不只想要创造世界上最高效的数据中心 我们还希望尽可能
with renewable energy to the greatest extent possible.
用可再生能量为它助力
We're constantly challenging what we think is the right answer today so that we will have the capacity
我们持续挑战着我们认为是现今最优化的性能以便我们拥有处于领先
and we'll have our technology available so that everyone can use it.
拥有自主技术,这样所有人就都能使用它了