手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 谷歌官方资讯视频 > 正文

一辈子做谷歌的实习生

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jasmine   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The first time I saw the campus, it was incredible.

我第一次看到这个园区时,感到很不可思议
There's volleyball nets and colorful umbrellas.
这儿有排球场和五颜六色的户外遮阳伞
And you see people walking their dogs.
你会看到有人在遛狗
It feels kind of like a playground, a big playground.
这就像是一个操场 一个大操场
The atmosphere around Google, it's definitely very eccentric, but also very academic.
谷歌的氛围绝对非常古怪 但也有浓浓的学术氛围
At Google, we actually do have the ability to make more of an impact on people and more of a change in one year than many people do in their lifetimes.
在谷歌 我们真的能影响别人,并在一年内做出比很多人一生都多的改变
It's an environment in which very few limitations are placed on where your mind can be during the day.
这是一个很少限制你的思考的环境,在白天你可以思考任何你想思考的问题,没有人会管你
You're all starting your teams this week.
这周你们都开始团队工作了

google.jpg

And some great advice is to not to be afraid to fail.

有一个好建议是不要害怕失败
But we want to flip that around a little bit and say don't be afraid to succeed.
但是我们想把这句话反过来,不要害怕成功
My name's Matt Malone. I'm a graduate intern here at Google in Consumer Operations this summer.
我叫Matt Malone,我是一个刚毕业的实习生,今年夏天在谷歌消费者运营中心工作
I have a background as a Infantry officer in the Army.
我曾经在军队里做过步兵军官
I thought leading people directly on the ground as a combat leader would provide the greatest leadership challenge.
那时我就明白 做一名战斗指挥官,在地面指挥别人能带来最大的领导挑战
And then I switched over to working in Intelligence.
之后我就变为脑力劳动者
That's where I really started to fall in love with technology.
那就是我真正开始爱上科技的时候
My name is Paola Correa. I go to the University of Miami.
我叫Paola Correa,我在迈阿密大学读书
And I study advertising and marketing.
学习广告与市场营销
When I was little, I used to collect ads.
我小的时候经常收集广告
I used to get a kick out of going to different places and seeing how the same message would impact differently and would look differently.
去不同的地方,看到同样的信息如何产生不同的影响 变换不同的面貌,我感到很快乐
My name is Kim Day. I'm from Melbourne, Florida.
我叫Kim Day,我来自佛罗里达州的墨尔本市
I'm studying physics and computer science at the Florida Institute of Technology.
我在佛罗里达科技大学学习物理与计算机科学
I grew up on the space coast of Florida.
我在佛罗里达的太空海岸长大
And I always grew up watching the shuttles take off from the Kennedy Space Center.
我总是看着航天飞机从肯尼迪航空中心升入空中
And I knew that I really wanted to work with technology and be able to be on the cutting edge.
我就知道我很想从事科技方面的工作并走在时代前沿
My name is Florian Koenigsberger, and I'm from New York City.
我叫Florian Koenigsberger,我来自纽约
Google as a company was attractive to me because they are a tech company that's been so much more than that.
谷歌是一个非常吸引我的公司,因为他们远非仅仅是一家科技公司
There isn't a place that Google is not.
谷歌可以成为一切
I'm Grant Oakley. I'm from Spokane, Washington.
我叫Grant Oakley,我来自华盛顿州的斯波坎市
Just the process of coding is actually surprisingly fun.
事实上光编码的过程就已经够有趣了
You get this epic win at the end of the day, where you throw up the arms in celebration.
你在一天结束的时候得到这个“史诗胜利”,你可以伸展双臂来庆祝一下
It's exciting to work at Google because unlike a lot of software companies, I use Google products every day.
在谷歌公司是一件非常激动的事情,因为不同于其他很多软件公司 我每天都用谷歌产品
That's pretty exciting.
那非常激动人心
So we're headed upstairs.
来 我们上楼
I've always thought of work as just—as work.
我一直只把工作当成——工作
This is going to be your desk right here.
这将是你的办公桌
At Google, it's completely different.
在谷歌 这完全不一样
At Google, I was extremely excited to start at work.
在谷歌 我对开始工作感到极其激动
I could barely sleep the first night.
我第一天晚上几乎睡不着觉
Yeah, my inbox has already been exploding.
是的 我的收件箱已经炸了
How many?
有多少?
Yeah, 45 emails for your first day's pretty good.

45封是鼓励你第一天出色的表现的

I'm working in the Online Help Center.
我在在线帮助中心工作
And my project is part of an effort that will completely change the way Google is reaching out to consumers and helping them with Google products.
我的项目是彻底改变谷歌接触顾客的方式和帮助他们使用谷歌产品的一部分
Our help centers are not just the US.
我们的帮助中心不是仅限于服务美国
But we have them in 40 plus languages.
还包括服务其他40多种语言的国家
So you have to think about how we're going to manage that complexity.
所以你必须思考,我们如何处理那样的复杂性
From your first day as a Google intern, you're treated as a regular employee.
从你成为谷歌实习生的第一天起,你就已经被当做一名正式职员看待了
Don't presume that just because you're an intern as such that you're not a member of the team.
不要仅仅把你当成一个实习生,而不是团队的一员
One usually expects as a new person to be at the bottom of the knowledge totem pole.
实习生总是把自己当成是公司知识底层的菜鸟
The fact that I'm not is an illustration of how much responsibility is given to us as interns across the board.
“我不是”的事实可以说明在全公司中有多少责任放在了我们实习生的身上
Paola?
Paola?
How are you?
你最近怎么样?
Doing good. I'm Chris.
不错,我是Chris
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
I worked with a couple of interns last year.
我去年和几个实习生一起工作
And every intern that I've seen come on has just exuded Googliness.
每一个我遇到的实习生都散发出一种谷歌精神
I'll get the hang of it eventually. You'll get the hang of it. OK.
我一定要弄个明白,你会弄明白的,好的
Don't be afraid to ask. OK.
不要害怕提问,好的
Is their work going to be challenging?
他们的工作会变得富有挑战吗?
Yeah, because the most important work is challenging.
是的 因为最重要的工作很有挑战
This summer, I'm working on an email notification for Google Accounts.
今年夏天我要负责为谷歌账户发电子邮件通知
And it's going to be sent out to thousands of users. And it's going to make their accounts more secure.
这将会被发给成千上万个用户,这也会使他们的账户更加安全
My code helps developers test their code very efficiently.
我的编码能帮助开发者有效测试他们的编码
And that way, they can write good stable code for the products.
那样他们就能为产品写出又好又稳定的编码
You will be working on something that not only your team, but the entire Google will see.
不仅仅是你的团队 还有整个谷歌都会看到你的工作
Basically, internship is like a good experience towards becoming a full-time hire, right?
实际上 实习是一段非常好的让你过渡成为全职员工的很好的经历 对吧?
The one thing that all the interns definitely have in common is passion and motivation to get these things done.
所有实习生肯定都有的共同点就是把事情做好的热情和动力
Because you don't necessarily have to know everything. But you have to be willing to learn.
因为你不必什么都知道,但你必须有一颗乐于学习的心
Is this your first time at Google? Yeh!
这是你们第一次来谷歌吗? 对!
The week has been unstoppable, restless, a bunch of activities.
这一周我忙得完全停不下来 毫无喘息之机有太多活动了
There's always something new.
总有新事物出现
And the next activity or the next person that we meet is more exciting than the last.
而且我们遇到的下一个活动 下一个人永远比上一个更加令人激动
They do a really, really good job of making you understand the way this place thinks.
他们真的 真的很好地让你理解了这里的思维方式
I think, specifically, of an exercise we did that gave a completely new perspective on how to brainstorm.
尤其是我觉得有一个练习给了我一个全新的视角 让我明白如何头脑风暴
What is brainstorming to you? Tell me what you guys said.
你头脑风暴到了什么?告诉我你们这些家伙说了什么
It's focused on learning to put aside your
它的重点在于学着把你的看法放在一边
judgments right away and avoid criticizing new ideas that may seem strange to you.
不要批评那些你看起来可能会觉得很奇怪的新想法
Impossible is not a word that's thrown around very often.
“不可能”不是一个经常被忽略的词
I think it helps you imagine.
我认为它能帮你充分发挥想象
I certainly did not associate imagination with productivity before coming here.
在来这儿之前 我当然没把想象力和生产力联系起来
But I think this place makes that real.
但我觉得这里能让这变的真实
For the rest of it, I know that there will be a lot of work involved, maybe some work that I don't know how to do.
另外 我知道这儿会有很多工作要做 可能还有一些我根本不知道怎么做的工作
But a little bit of fear is good.
但是有一点点害怕是好事
I do feel a lot different after being here for my first week.
来这儿待了一个礼拜后,我确确实实改变了很多
I guess I've always identified myself very much with the military. I was in the military for five years.
我想我曾经已经把自己变得非常军人化了,我曾在军队待了五年
But I'm starting to see myself as a Googler.
但我开始把自己看成一个谷歌人
I see myself as someone who fits in here. I don't feel like an outsider. I feel Googley.
我把自己看成一个融入这儿的人,我不觉得自己格格不入,我觉得自己很谷歌
I would say meeting Sergey was definitely one of the highlights of my week, month, maybe year.
我想说遇见Sergey是我一周 一个月甚至一年中最精彩的事情之一
He's fine, just stopped and shakes my hand. And then he rode off on his elliptical bike.
他人很好 停下来和我握手,然后骑着他的健身车离开
It's pretty great.
这棒极了
Maybe it is a little early to say that after I've only been here a week or so, but I just feel like there's always going to be something new you're going to learn every day.
可能要这么说还有点为时过早,不过在我来了这儿大概一个礼拜以后,我觉得这儿每天都有新东西要你去学
And that's really the best part about being an engineer.
而这就是做一名工程师最棒的地方
If this is what being an intern feels like, I'd love to be an intern for the rest of my life.
如果这就是一名实习生的生活,我简直想在这儿做一辈子实习生

重点单词   查看全部解释    
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
code [kəud]

想一想再看

n. 码,密码,法规,准则
vt. 把 ...

 
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
secure [si'kjuə]

想一想再看

adj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的
vt. 固定

联想记忆
associate [ə'səuʃieit]

想一想再看

n. 同伴,伙伴,合伙人
n. 准学士学位获得

联想记忆
infantry ['infəntri]

想一想再看

n. 步兵,步兵部队

联想记忆
military ['militəri]

想一想再看

adj. 军事的
n. 军队

联想记忆
stable ['steibl]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的
n. 马厩,

联想记忆
presume [pri'zju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 姑且认定,假定,推测,认为是理所当然

联想记忆
totem ['təutəm]

想一想再看

n. 图腾,崇拜物

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。