A big tiger shark came in.
一头大虎鲨靠近了
From your perspective, I think you could see him more clearly than I.
从你那边看应该比我看得还清楚
It was so poor visibility down there that I could just make it out,
水下能见度太低了,我只能勉强看见
but I could see it was a pretty big one.
但应该个头不小
Visibility's gone down to about five feet.
能见度只有一米五左右
That's just not safe enough to dive with these big tiger sharks.
这种情况下和这种大虎鲨一同潜水可不安全
We're gonna have to call off the dive team. Very disappointing.
我们不得不撤回水下摄制组。很失望。
The poor underwater visibility didn't seem to stop the sharks from finding their prey, giving John some concerns.
水下极低的能见度似乎并不影响鲨鱼捕获猎物,这也让约翰思虑万千。
I've got very mixed feeling about this, because I don't really want to see the albatrosses eaten,
看到这些场景我的感觉很复杂,我其实不太想看这些信天翁被捕食
but that's what I'm here to film.
但这是我的拍摄内容
You can't help wishing the albatrosses will get away each time.
每次都忍不住希望信天翁能逃脱
I sort of cheer inside when they do.
它们逃出生天的时候我很高兴
There's a shark, right in the shallows!
那里又有一只鲨鱼,就在浅滩上
John continued to film the action. But it was another three days
约翰继续拍摄捕食行为。但直到三天之后
before the visibility cleared sufficiently to make diving safe again.
水下的能见度再次恢复,才能安全潜水
After days of practice, Richard was finally getting to the birds ahead of the sharks. Yet, still no success.
经过数天的练习,理查德终于可以抢在鲨鱼之前接近这些鸟。然而,仍一无所获。