And I want to bring this back finally to the original question I asked, which is,
最后我想要回到最初我常被问到的那个问题,
would I feel comfortable letting my child play football or ride a bicycle?
我会让我的小孩打橄榄球吗?会让它骑自行车吗?
And this might be just a result of my own traumatic experience.
因为我自己的痛苦经历。
I'm much more nervous about my daughter, Rose, riding a bicycle.
当我女儿Rose骑自行车时,我会非常紧张,
So she's a year and a half old, and she's already, well, wants to anyway, race down the streets of San Francisco.
她现在才一岁半,就已经很想冲下旧金山的街道。
This is the bottom of one of these streets.
这张图片拍摄于某条街道的末尾。
![为什么头盔不能预防脑震荡 为什么头盔不能预防脑震荡](http://pic.kekenet.com/2017/0801/21141501551000.png)
And so my personal goal is to -- and I believe this is possible -- is to further develop these technologies,
所以我个人的目标是进一步研发这些技术,而且我认为这可行性很大,
and in fact, we're working on something in my lab in particular that really makes optimal use of the given space of a helmet.
事实上,我的实验室尤其致力于研究头盔内部空间的最佳使用方式。
And I am confident that we will be able to, before she's ready to ride a two-wheeler,
我敢肯定我们能在我女儿可以骑两轮自行车前做到这一点,
have something available that can in fact really reduce the risk of concussion and comply with regulatory bodies.
研发出能够真正减少脑震荡风险且符合监管机构要求的头盔。
And so what I'd like to do -- and I know that this is for some of you of more immediate nature,
所以这就是我想做的--我知道可以为你们直接做多一些,
I've got a couple years here -- is to be able to tell parents and grandparents when I'm asked,
我希望再过几年,我可以告诉孩子家长和祖父母,
it is safe and healthy for your children to engage in these activities.
孩子们可以安全、健康地骑自行车、打橄榄球。
And I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful team at Stanford that's working hard on this.
非常有幸我能在斯坦福有这样一个致力于研究脑震荡的团队。
So I hope to come back in a few years with the final story,
我希望过几年我可以再来讲最后的故事,
but for now I will tell you, please don't just be afraid when you hear the word concussion. There is hope. Thank you.
但现在我可以告诉各位,当你听到脑震荡一词时不要害怕。还有希望。谢谢各位。