Hello again.Tip Top Trading’s big boss, Mr Socrates has announced a new strategy to sell plastic fruit to Europe and hopefully keep the company afloat.
再次见面了。Tip Top Trading的大领导,苏格拉底先生,宣布了一项将塑料水果卖入欧洲的新策略,并希望以此使公司稳定发展。
But before the real work begins it’s time for him to enjoy some good English hospitality at the pub, courtesy of the team from the London office.Let’s join them now...
但在正式开始工作前,先让他在酒吧享受一下英式的热情款待,来自伦敦办公室团队的好意。让我们现在加入他们。
Well welcome to the Rose and Crown, it is small, not like one of those bars you get in your country.
欢迎来到Rose and Crown酒吧,这里很小,和你们国家的酒吧不同。
Can I get you a pint Mr Socrates? A what?
苏格拉底先生,给你来一杯啤酒吗? 一个什么?
A pint. A pint of beer, it’s really nice here if you like it...
一品脱的量,一杯啤酒,这里的酒很不错,如果你喜欢的话……
I don’t drink. Just an orange juice, freshly squeezed.Oh go on Mr Socrates, one pint won’t hurt.
我不喝酒,只要一杯鲜榨橙汁。喝吧,苏格拉底先生,一杯没关系的。
You’ve got to have a pint of beer when you come to a pub.
来酒吧的话就该喝一杯啤酒呀。
Oh very well. I’ll try one. It had better be good.You’ll love it. I’ll get it.
好吧,我来一杯尝尝,最好很好喝。你会喜欢的,我去拿。
Three pints of your best beer please Mr Landlord.
老板,这里要三杯啤酒。
Denise, are you OK getting your own? I’m a bit short of cash.
丹尼斯,你能自己买吗?我的钱有点紧张。
Oh...right. Mr Socrates, Anna said she would be along soon.
苏格拉底先生,安娜说她很快就到。
She had some work to finish.She’s such a hard worker.
她有工作要完成。她工作很努力。
Good to hear. She seems like a smart cookie.
听到这点很好,她像是一个聪明人。
Now let’s try this beer...mmm, not bad, a little warm but...tasty.
常常这儿的啤酒,不错,有点热,但很好喝。
Oh, you drank that quickly...would you like another one? Sure.Hi everyone. Sorry I’m late.
你喝的太快了,再来一杯吗? 当然。大家好,抱歉来晚了。
Hi Anna. Look Mr Socrates is enjoying our English beer.
你好,安娜,苏格拉底先生看起来很喜欢我们的英式啤酒。
I think it’s going to his head.Anna! Our best worker. Get Anna a drink.
我想他喝多了。安娜,我们最好的员工,给安娜来一杯酒。
Yes Mr Socrates. Of course Mr Socrates.Anna, come over here, let’s talk.Oh right. What about…
是的,苏格拉底先生。当然,苏格拉底先生。安娜,过来,我们聊聊。好的,那么关于……
There you go Anna. I got you some crisps too.So what are we talking about?Nothing. Thank you… bye bye.
给你,安娜,我还给你拿了一些薯片。那么我们聊点什么?没什么,谢谢,再见。
Oh right. Yes. Bye bye.I’ll go and talk to Paul and Denise.I’ll just be over here.
好的,再见。我去找保罗和丹尼斯。我就在那里。
What a loser. I can tell he’s all talk and no action.Well, Tom’s a good worker really and…
真是个失败者。我能看出他是只说不做的人。汤姆是个好员工,而且……
…and as for Paul. God, what a manager. Always eating cookies.
至于保罗,上帝,糟糕的经理。就知道吃饼干。
You know he was fired from his last job because…
上一个工作他被解雇了是因为……
Anna, I think he’s getting a bit too personal.
我认为他有点太针对个人了。
That beer is making him say things he shouldn’t.I know. What should I say?
啤酒让他说出了一些本不该说的话。我知道,我该说什么?
Try saying “it’s not appropriate to talk like that” or “could we change the subject please.”OK thanks.
试着说“这么说不太合适”或“我们可以换个话题吗”。好,谢谢。
Mr Socrates I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk like that, could we change the subject please?
苏格拉底先生,这么说不太合适,我们可以换个话题吗?
Oh, sorry have I said too much?Maybe we should talk about you.I like you Anna.
对不起,我说太多了吗?也许我们可以谈谈你。我喜欢你,安娜。
You’re keen but you’ve got a lot to learn and I think you should wear more black – it makes you look… thinner…
你很热心,但你还有很多要学习的,我认为你应该多穿穿黑色,这会让你显得更瘦。
He’s out of order.I think he’s saying too much.Ask him to keep the conversation professional.Right, good idea.
他语无伦次了。我认为他说的太多了。让他保持对话的专业性。好的,好主意。
Mr Socrates, thank you but can we keep our conversation professional.
苏格拉底先生,谢谢,但我们可以保持谈话的专业性吗?
There’s a lot to discuss about our European market strategy.Yeah, right, absolutely right.
关于我们欧洲市场的策略还有很多要谈的。是的,没错。
Anyway, you’re gonna have to lead this one not that Tom guy.
总之,你将负责这个,而不是那个汤姆。
I’m thinking of firing him, his results ain't that great and…
我在考虑解雇他,他的绩效不好而且……
…sorry to interrupt, just wondered if you’d like some nuts?
抱歉,打扰了,我想知道你们需要点坚果吗?
Hey Tom, I was just saying to Anna your results haven’t been good and I’m thinking of…
汤姆,我正在跟安娜说你的绩效不好,我考虑……
… of having another drink… thinking of having another drink.
再来一杯酒,想再来一杯。
Mr Socrates, did you know Tom actually has a great idea for selling laser curved oranges to Spain?
苏格拉底先生,你知道汤姆对于往意大利销售激光曲线橙子有一个好点子吗?
Do I?That’s good to hear Tom.
我有吗?汤姆,很高兴听到这个。
Email them to me and I’ll check them over tomorrow.
发邮件给我,我明天会查看。
Of course he will, Mr Socrates.
他当然会这么做,苏格拉底先生。
Now how would you like to drink something, less strong?Orange juice perhaps?
你现在想喝点什么不烈的饮品吗?也许是橙汁?
No, I think I’ll try some more of the English beer.
不,我想再试试英式啤酒。
I think Anna has just done Tom a big favour – she’s stopped him getting fired for now.
我认为安娜帮了汤姆一个大忙。他暂时没让他被解雇。
Sometimes conversations with your boss can get too personal but I think Anna’s got the hang of keeping things professional.
有时和老板的对话可能会变得很私人,但我认为安娜懂得保持事情的专业性。
Here’s a reminder of what she said: It’s not appropriate to talk like that.Could we change the subject please?
这是关于她用过表达的提示:这么说不合适。我们可以换个话题吗?
Can we keep our conversation professional please?
我们能保持对话的专业性吗?
So Anna seems to be Mr Socrates’s favourite team member but now she’s got some explaining to do to Tom.
安娜似乎是苏格拉底先生最爱的团队成员,但现在她要向汤姆解释。
Anna, what were you talking about to Mr Socrates?
安娜,你对苏格拉底先生说了什么?
“Ideas for selling laser curved oranges to Spain”?
往意大利销售激光曲线橙子的点子?
He was going to fire you – so I was trying to tell him you had great ideas.
他要解雇你,所以我试着告诉他你有好主意。
What? ! You helped me?Anna, I don’t know what to say. I… I… I…Yes?
什么?你帮了我?安娜,我真不知道说什么好。我……什么?
I… need to go back to the office to work on some ideas.Good idea. Keep it professional, eh Tom?Until next time. Bye!
我要回办公室想出一些点子。好主意,保持你的专业性,汤姆。下次见!