Remember, Americans eat a big breakfast, that's why there's so many big Americans.
请记住,美国人早上吃大餐,这就是为什么美国会有很多大块头。
Getting back to our story, I am not having ham, eggs or waffles; I'm having a bowl of cereal.
言归正传,我没有吃火腿、鸡蛋或者华夫饼;而是吃了碗麦片。
And, to prepare my cereal, I put it into a bowl and I pour skim milk on top.
而且,为了准备我的麦片,我把它倒进碗里,并在上面倒入脱脂牛奶。
Skim, "skim," milk is milk with no or very little fat in it.
脱脂牛奶(skim),就是牛奶里没有或只有微量的脂肪。
Milk comes in four different types: you have whole milk, which has the most fat;
牛奶分四类:全脂牛奶;它的脂肪最多;
you have two percent milk, which has somewhat less fat;
含百分之二脂肪的牛奶,它的脂肪略少;
you can have one percent, which is even less fat;
含百分之一脂肪的牛奶,它的脂肪更少;
or you can have fat free, or skim, milk, which has little or no fat at all.
或脱脂牛奶,它只有些微或根本就没有脂肪。
Well, because I don't want to be a big American, I have skim milk.
嗯,因为我不想成为大块头,所以我喝脱脂牛奶。
In order to eat my cereal, I have to "take a spoon out of the silverware tray."
为了吃麦片,我得“从银碟里拿一根调羹”
The silverware, "silverware," (all one word) is the name we give the knife, the fork, and the spoon together.
银器(silverware),(一个字)是刀叉勺的总称。
Sometimes those are called silverware even though they are not made of silver.
有时它们被称为银器,就算它们不是银做的。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!