"They'll be twenty thousand fresh corpses when Lord Tywin gets here," the old man shot back.
“等泰温大人到来,他们就会变成两万具活尸,”老人不甘示弱。
"Don't you try and frighten me, my lady.
“夫人,你少跟我来这套。
Your husband's in some traitor's cell under the Red Keep, your father's sick, might be dying, and Jaime Lannister's got your brother in chains.
你丈夫因叛国被关在红堡底下的牢房,你老爹卧病在床,弄不好快没气了,而詹姆·兰尼斯特又抓了你老弟,
What do you have that I should fear?
你拿什么来吓唬我?
That son of yours?
你那宝贝儿子吗?
I'll match you son for son, and I'll still have eighteen when yours are all dead."
我可以跟你一个换一个,等你儿子死光了,我还剩下十八个。”
"You swore an oath to my father," Catelyn reminded him.
“你可是宣誓效忠于我父亲。”凯特琳提醒他。
He bobbed his head side to side, smiling.
他的头左右摇摆,微微一笑:
"Oh, yes, I said some words, but I swore oaths to the crown too, it seems to me.
“呵,可不是吗,我发过誓,可我也宣誓效忠王室啊,依我看呢,
Joffrey's the king now, and that makes you and your boy and all those fools out there no better than rebels.
这会儿既然乔佛里是国王了,你和你家小鬼,以及外面那群蠢蛋不就是叛徒嘛?对不对?
If I had the sense the gods gave a fish, I'd help the Lannisters boil you all."
这事连鱼都知道,我应该帮兰尼斯特把你们通通杀光。”
"Why don't you?" she challenged him.
“那你为什么不帮他?”她质问他。
Lord Walder snorted with disdain.
瓦德侯爵不屑地哼了一声。
"Lord Tywin the proud and splendid, Warden of the West, Hand of the King,
“泰温大人,他可是个大人物哩,既是西境守护,又是御前首相,
oh, what a great man that one is, him and his gold this and gold that and lions here and lions there.
呵,多了不起,这样也是金子打的,那样又是狮子形状,心高气傲得很。