I was driving and it's a new car, and a light comes on on the dashboard thing and it looks like this.
我在开车 那是辆新车 然后汽车仪表板上有一个灯亮了 它长这样
I thought it's a man blowing a giant bubble, he's chewing gum.
我觉得是个男人吹了个大泡泡 他在嚼口香糖
Or someone driving with an exercise ball on their lap on their way to yoga, I don't know.
或者是某个大腿上放着健身球开车去做瑜伽的人 我不知道
So I tried to fix it the same way we try fix things, I just hoped it would go away,
所以我就以我们通常解决问题的办法去解决它 我只是希望它能赶紧消失
I just looked at it and said I don't know what that is and then I went to the next step, which is I ignored it.
我就看着它说我不知道那是啥 然后我进入到下一步 直接忽略它
Then I went into denial and anger and finally, acceptance and took it to the mechanic and wasn't there long,
接着我开始否认和生气 最后终于接受它了 我把车开到技工那儿去修 没过多久
it was there like a few hours, and he called and said it's fixed, he said it was the airbag light.
就几个小时吧 他就给我打电话说修好了 他说那是安全气囊的显示灯
He probably hit a switch to turn it off.
他可能是找到开关把它给关了
So I figured out what the symbol means is actually what it is,
所以我才明白这个标志的含义就是它长的这个样子
is a mechanic driving off with a bag of my money, that's what it is.
是一个技工卷着我的一袋钱逃跑了 就是这个意思
It's like, sucker! The lights, why not just say airbag or something, I don't know it was confusing.
它像是在说“蠢货” 为啥不直接说安全气囊之类的呢 我不知道 这让人很迷惑呀
There's this one here, have you ever seen this one? Yes.
还有这个 你们见过这个吗?见过
Okay, smart alecks..
好 你们就不懂装懂吧
I didn't know what it was, there's nothing on my car that shape.
我都不知道它是啥 我车上没有东西长这样的
I'm like is it a horseshoe melting, is it?
我在想这是个马蹄铁在融化吗?
There's an exclamation mark, so it seems very important.
上面还有个感叹号 好像很重要的样子
It's low tire pressure, I guess all of you smartypants people know that.
它是轮胎气压过低的意思 我想你们这些聪明银肯定都知道
The symbol is way over dramatic. They could have just used a period.
这图标也太夸张了吧 他们明明可以用个句号的
They could have just put that with a period, you don't need an exclamation mark to scare the hell out of me.
他们可以在上面放个句号的 你不必非得用感叹号来吓死我吧
Just use words. I don't know why people you know. It's like a friend that uses vague emojis when they text you.
用字不就好啦 我不知道为啥人们 就像有朋友用很模糊的表情给你发短信一样
It's an upside down smiley face with eyes or eyes with no mouth.
一个倒着的笑脸还有眼睛 或者是有眼睛没有嘴
And you're like, what's it that? Are you coming to dinner or not? What does that mean?
你会想 啥意思?你到底是来还是不来吃饭呢?什么意思呀?
The only specific thing that your car ever tells you is Check Engine.
你车上唯一具体的指示就是引擎故障
That's the one thing it says, Check Engine. Okay, I'll check the entire engine. All right.
那是它唯一会说明的事情 引擎故障 好 我把整个发动机都检查一遍 好
Thanks for the info. It might as well say, sad face.
谢谢指明 它可能只是一张哭脸
If they're gonna put warning lights on your car,
如果他们想在车上装一些警示灯
what I need is a light that tells me I left my coffee on the roof of my car.
我需要的是能告诉我我把咖啡忘在车顶的警示灯
Maybe a coffee cup on the top of the car.
或者是具体到把咖啡杯忘在车顶的警示灯
I'm sorry, I didn't give you more warning about this but we're going to dance right now.
抱歉 我之前没提醒过你们这些 不过现在要开始跳舞了