And suddenly a new reality was created.
突然间创造了新的现实
Initially the schema was four minutes is not possible, or rather four minutes is not possible and everyone adhered to this schema.
起初的图式是4分钟不可能跑完,或者说4分钟不可能跑完,而所有人都拥护这个图式
Roger Bannister came and said, it is possible, and changed that reality, not just for himself, but for other runners who were there.
罗杰·班尼斯特认为是可能的,他改变了现实,不仅为自己,也为其他赛跑者
The thing though is, that after we perform with high motivation, low motivation might looking for consistency.
事实是,当干劲十足的人达成后,干劲没那么足的人可能也会寻求统一
All that is left us to do is interpret our performance.
我们需要解读自己表现
Was it successful or not successful, and good or bad. And there are two forms of interpretation.
成功还是不成功,好还是坏,有两种解读方法
One is the objective interpretation, did I just give A in an exam or did I get a C.
一是客观解读,我考试得了A还是C
Did I just come third or did I come last in their race.
跑步我是第三名还是最后一名
Did I just be Princeton in hockey on Friday?
周五与普林斯顿大学的冰球赛
Or did I lose to Princeton? Go Harvard. So what happen?
是赢了还是输了?哈佛加油,到底发生了什
This is the reality. It's objective, its objective.
这就是现实,客观
But then, there is also the subjective interpretation based on my beliefs.
但同时,还有由信仰决定的主观解读
Let me share an example with you... This is a story told about Thomas Edison.
举个例子,有个关于托马斯·爱迪生的故事
Thomas Edison, back in the 1870's, was working along with the rest of the scientific community on the light bulb, on generating light from electricity.
爱迪生于1870年代与科学界都在研究灯泡如何用电发光