手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 校园英语 > 正文

Dinner Time 晚餐时间

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome back to English at University - the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad.

欢迎回到“校园英语”栏目——这个系列栏目会教给你一些在国外留学第一年用得上的实用句型。
It's the most important time of the day – dinner time – time for some grub – I mean food - and Mary's gone to the canteen with Abi
到了一天中最重要的时刻——晚餐时间——该吃点儿东西了——我是说吃饭——玛丽已经和艾比到了餐厅,
but Mary's hasn't quite worked out the system for getting what she wants.
但是玛丽还不太明白怎么样能找到自己想吃的东西。
Some of that… and some of that. Ooo, and a bit of that…Gosh, that's a lot of food Abi.
来点这个……来点那个。哦,再来点儿那个……天呐,艾比,你吃的可真不少。
Yeah but you can eat as much as you like here – it's the same price – so go on, fill your boots!
没错,但是在这里你可以想吃多少吃多少——价格都一样——所以去吧,请自便吧!
I'll see you over at the table.Fill my boots?She means eat a lot!
我在桌子那边等你。自便?她的意思是多吃点!
Abi may be pigging out on lots of food but you don't have to.
艾比能吃很多东西,但是你没必要这么干。
Do you need some help Mary?Yes please.
你需要什么帮助吗,玛丽?是的,我需要。
I can't remember where anything is – and I'm a vegetarian but the food labels are so confusing.Don't worry.
我记不清楚东西都在哪——而且我是素食主义,但是这些餐牌太不明确了。别担心。
Before you tuck in to a vegetarian meal, just ask 'can you tell me which food is suitable for vegetarians?'Or 'has this got meat in it?'
在你开始你的素食大餐之前,只需要去问问“你能告诉我哪些食物是适合素食主义者的吗?”或者是“这里面有肉吗?”
And then when you want to find stuff like the cutlery – the knives and forks – just ask 'where can I find…'
还有,当你要找刀具——餐刀餐叉——的时候,就说“我在哪能找到……?”
Or 'do you have any…?'Go on give it a go.OK then.
或者“你有……吗?”去吧,试试看。好的。
Excuse me, can you tell me if you have any food suitable for vegetarians… please?
打扰一下,请问你能告诉我哪些食物适合素食主义者吃吗?
Dunno… have we got any veggie stuff?Well there's the spaghetti bolognaise over there.
不知道……我们有素菜吗?那边有些肉酱意粉。
Ermm… has that got meat in it?Well a little bit.Hi Mary… looking for something veggie?
额……里面有肉吗?有一点。嗨,玛丽……你在找素菜吗?
I'd recommend the lentil dal over there… delicious… a real taste of Asia.
我推荐那边的扁豆……很好吃……纯正亚洲风味。
Thanks Professor.But what are you doing here?
谢谢你,教授。但是你在这里干嘛?
Well err… my wife… Mrs Not… likes me to eat out sometimes… since I… err…not to worry.
额……我太太……纳特夫人……有的时候喜欢让我在外面吃……因为我……额……不用担心。
Right, anything else?I just need your meal ticket.
还要什么?我需要你的餐票。
No, that's a blue one… for breakfast… you need a red one for dinner.
不,这是蓝色的……早餐用……晚餐要用红色的。
Allow me… I have a spare ticket… there you go.Thanks.
让我来……我这有多余的一张……给你。非常感谢。
Now, where do I find the knives and forks? Just over here. Oh no, it's that idiot Daniel.
我去哪找刀叉?就在这。哦,不,是那个白痴丹尼尔。
Hello Mary, Professor Not… can I join you, tell you about my business idea?
你好,玛丽,纳特教授……我能加入你们吗?要跟你们聊聊我的商业理念。
I got the idea from your book… look… ooops…
我从你的书中想到了这个观点……听着……哦……
Oh You idiot! Now I have lentil dal all over my suit – what will Mrs Not say?
哦,你个白痴!现在我衣服上全是扁豆——我夫人会说什么?
Oh dear.Excuse me, do you have any serviettes?What a mess!
哦天呐。打扰一下,你们有餐巾吗?真是乱作一团!

xyyy9.jpg

Daniel has certainly left his mark on Professor Not but at least Mary has managed to find her way around the canteen.

丹尼尔一定给纳特教授留下了深刻印象,但是至少玛丽学着在餐厅里熟悉了路。
Here are some of the phrases she used…
她用了这几种句型……
Excuse me, can you tell me if you have any food suitable for vegetarians please?
不好意思,请问你能告诉我哪些食物适合素食者吃吗?
Has this got meat in it?Where can I find…?Do you have any…?
这里面有肉吗?我在哪能找到……?你有……吗?
You can practice these phrases, pick up a few more plus learn some top tips for studying in the UK on our website at BBC Learning English.com.
你可以练习这些句型,登录BBC Learning English.com可以查阅更多相关句型,并且了解在英国学习的相关知识。
Now, back to dinner – and Daniel won't be stuffing himself with food – he's got some clearing up to do.
现在,回到晚餐——丹尼尔一定没在吃饭——他得打扫卫生。
Ah so sorry about that… if I just scrape this bit off… err you'll be fine.
啊,实在太抱歉了……我来把这点擦掉……额,你会没事的。
So what was your 'business idea'?Dry cleaning perhaps?No… it was an idea to… - Never mind.
那么你的“商业理念”是什么?大概是干洗吧?不,是关于……无所谓了。
See you at tomorrow's lecture.It starts at 10am sharp. Goodbye.Oh dear Daniel.Would you like to share my food?!
明天上课见。上课是在10点整。再见。哦,丹尼尔。你要不要来吃点我的?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confusing [kən'fju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现

 
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
suitable ['sju:təbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合适的,适宜的
adv. 合适

 
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆
cutlery ['kʌtləri]

想一想再看

n. 刀具,刀具业

 
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • The Seminar 研讨会 2017-10-23
  • The Library 图书馆 2017-10-24
  • Getting Down to Business 着手专业课 2017-10-26
  • Study Skills 学习技巧 2017-10-27
  • Reboot 重启 2017-10-28
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。