The head office, "head," is the same as the main office,
总部(head),与总公司一样,
and this is where the company has most of its important people who are working, it's sometimes called its headquarters.
那是公司大部分重要的人工作的地方,它有时又称它为“headquarters”。
The head office is the main office.
总部就是总公司。
The opposite of head office would be a branch office, "branch." A branch office is a smaller office.
与总公司相对的是分公司(branch)。分公司就是较小的公司。
We were having a conference call with someone in our head office,
我们正跟总部的人开电话会议,
and I didn't "get back to my desk" — I didn't return to my desk — for almost, or "nearly two hours.
“将近两个小时候后我才回到了我的办公桌。
By that time, I was ready for a break.
到了那时,我准备休息一下了。
At 10:30, I head down to the break room."
上午10:30,我去了休息室。”
The break room, "break" room (two words) is a place in a building — in your office, where people can go and read and relax,
休息室(break room)在你的办公室里,人们可以去那阅读或休息,可能会去那吃他们的午餐,
perhaps eat their lunch, or eat some food, It's a place for you to stop work and to relax a little or to talk to other people.
或者吃一些东西,那是你停止工作、休息一下或与他人说话的地方。
I use the verb to head down, that simply means to go to somewhere.
我使用“head down”这个动词,它其实就是去某地的意思。
We sometimes use that expression when we are talking about going to a different place.
当我们在谈要去一个不同的地方时,有时会用到那个短语。
"I'm going to head down to the boss's office" — I'm going to go over to the boss's office.
“I'm going to head down to the boss's office”就是“我要去我老板的办公室”的意思。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!