What do you want me to say?
你们想让我说什么?
Now, do you really want me to say now, tell you, "Really, I swear I don't kick children."
现在,你们真的想让我说,告诉你们,“真的,我发誓我不踢小孩。”
Look at the worldview you've given yourself. You're a hero no matter what.
嗯?看看你给自己定的世界观。无论如何你都是个英雄。
And I, by suggesting ever so delicately that you might want a great career, must hate children.
然而我,通过暗示,这么小心翼翼地,说你可能想要成就伟业,一定痛恨小孩。
I don't hate children. I don't kick them.
我不恨小孩。我不踢他们。
Yes, there was a little kid wandering through this building when I came here, and no, I didn't kick him.
是的,刚才我来的时候有个小孩走过来,我没踢他。
Course, I had to tell him the building was for adults only, and to get out.
当然,我不得不告诉他这个楼是给大人的,他得出去。
He mumbled something about his mother, and I told him she'd probably find him outside anyway.
他含糊地说他妈妈什么的,然后我跟他说他妈估计在外面找他呢。
Last time I saw him, he was on the stairs crying. What a wimp.
我上次看到他的时候他正在台阶上哭呢。真是个懦夫。
But what do you mean? That's what you expect me to say.
但是你是什么意思?这就是你们期待我说的。
Do you really think it's appropriate that you should actually take children and use them as a shield?
你真的认为,你真的认为拿小孩当挡箭牌合适吗?
You know what will happen someday, you ideal parent, you?
你知道有一天会发生什么,你,完美的父母,对吗?
The kid will come to you someday and say, "I know what I want to be. I know what I'm going to do with my life."
你的孩子有一天会跟你说,“我知道我想做什么。我知道我想怎么度过一生。”
You are so happy. It's the conversation a parent wants to hear,
你特别高兴。这种对话父母最爱听了,
because your kid's good in math, and you know you're going to like what comes next.
因为你的孩子数学好,而且你知道你会爱听你孩子接下来的话。
Says your kid, "I have decided I want to be a magician. I want to perform magic tricks on the stage."
你孩子说,“我决定了,我想做个魔术师。我想在舞台上表演魔术。”