As we have seen tonight, the most difficult challenges bring out the best in America.
正如我们今晚所见,只有在最困难的挑战中才能发现美国最优秀的品质。
We see a vivid expression of this truth in the story of the Holets family of New Mexico.
这一真理最鲜活的证据就是新墨西哥州的霍来茨家。
Ryan Holets is 27 years old, an officer with the Albuquerque Police Department.
27岁的莱恩·霍来茨是阿尔伯克基警局的警员。
He's here tonight with his wife, Rebecca. Thank you, Ryan.
他今晚和妻子丽贝卡来到这里。谢谢你,莱恩。
Last year, Ryan was on duty when he saw a pregnant, homeless woman preparing to inject heroin.
去年,莱恩执勤时发现一个无家可归的孕妇准备注射海洛因。
When Ryan told her she was going to harm her unborn child, she began to weep.
莱恩告诉她这会伤害未出生的孩子,她开始哭泣。
She told him she didn't know where to turn, but badly wanted a safe home for her baby.
她告诉他不知道找谁帮忙,却真的想给宝宝一个安全的家。
In that moment, Ryan said he felt God speak to him: "You will do it because you can."
那一刻,莱恩说他感觉上帝告诉他:”你会做,因为你能行。
He heard those words. He took out a picture of his wife and their four kids. Then he went home to tell his wife, Rebecca.
他听到这些话,他拿出妻子和四个孩子的照片。然后他回家和妻子丽贝卡说了自己的想法。
In an instant, she agreed to adopt. The Holets named their new daughter Hope.
妻子当时就同意收养。霍来茨夫妇给新女儿起名叫“希望”。
Ryan and Rebecca, you embody the goodness of our nation. Thank you. Thank you, Ryan and Rebecca.
莱恩和丽贝卡:你们体现了我们国家的善良。谢谢你们,同时祝贺你们。
As we rebuild America's strength and confidence at home, we are also restoring our strength and standing abroad.
我们在家园重建美国的力量和自信,我们也在国外恢复力量。
Around the world, we face rogue regimes, terrorist groups,
在全世界,我们面临流氓政权、恐怖集团
and rivals like China and Russia that challenge our interests, our economy, and our values.
和中俄等竞争者对我们利益、经济和价值的挑战。