Conversation A
对话A
Rob: What are you looking at, Alex?
罗布:阿莱克斯,你在看什么?
Alex: I am looking at my power bill. I think.
阿莱克斯:我在看我的电费账单。我想应该是吧。
Rob: What do you mean?
罗布:你指的是什么意思?
Alex: Well, I don't understand this bill.
阿莱克斯:我看不明白这个账单。
Rob: Let me help you. What don't you understand?
罗布:我来帮你吧。你不理解什么?
Alex: When is it due? And how do I pay it?
阿莱克斯:什么时候缴款到期?我要如何支付呢?
Rob: Let's see. Hmm... It tells you right here.
罗布:让我看看。恩,就在这里啊。
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: In Taipei, I never have a problem with bills.
阿莱克斯:在台北,我从来没遇到过账单的问题。
Rob: Really? How do you pay them?
罗布:真的吗?你是怎么支付的呢?
Alex: You go to a convenience store.
阿莱克斯:你可以去便利商店。
Rob: Well, you can't usually do that here.
罗布:在这里你通常不能这么做。
Alex: I know. That's my problem.
阿莱克斯:我知道。这就是我遇到问题。
Rob: That's not your only problem. How old is this bill?
罗布:这不仅仅是你的问题。这个账单有多久了?
Alex: I don't know. Why?
阿莱克斯:我不知道。怎么了?
Rob: You didn't pay this bill on time. It's overdue!
罗布:你没有及时支付这份账单。已经过期了!
Alex: Oh, no!
阿莱克斯:哦,不!
Conversation C
对话C
Rob: You have to pay this bill today.
罗布:你今天必须要支付这份账单了。
Alex: Is it that bad?
阿莱克斯:情况这么糟糕?
Rob: Yes. The electric company might turn off your power.
罗布:没错。电力公司可能会断掉你的电的。
Alex: But without power, I can't cook.
阿莱克斯:但是没有电,我就没法做饭了。
Rob: So pay the bill. Do it today.
罗布:所以要支付账单啊。今天就付。
Alex: How can I pay it today?
阿莱克斯:我今天要怎么支付?
Rob: You can go to the power company's office at lunch.
罗布:吃午饭时你可以去电力公司办公室。
Alex: OK. I can do that.
阿莱克斯:好的。这我做得到。