Lucy and her boss "need to get back" or to return "by 1:00," so they do not have time to have an appetizer.
露西和她的老板“需要回去”或是“一点钟前”回来,所以他们没有时间吃开胃菜。
After they finished their meal, Lucy waved down the waiter.
吃完饭后,露西向服务员挥手。
She says "The waiter was very busy so I had to wave him down."
她说:“服务员很忙,所以我不得不挥手示意他过来。”
To wave, "wave," someone down means that you put your hand up in the air
召唤,“召唤”某人指的是,你把手放在空中,
or you say something to tell the person that you want him to come over to you.
或者你说了些什么,告诉那个人你想让他来找你。
To wave someone down could also be used, for example, if you had problems with your car.
举例来说,如果你的车出了问题,也可以找人来帮忙。
Your car stopped working, we would say it broke down,
你的车坏了,我们说它坏了,
and you park on the side of the road and you try to wave someone down to help you.
你把车停在路边,试着挥手叫人来帮你。
You wave your arm - you move your arm back and forth to get someone's attention.
你挥动手臂——你的手臂来回移动以引起某人的注意。
The waiter "brought the bill," and Lucy and her supervisor "split the check."
服务员把账单拿来了,露西和她的主管“分开结账”。
To split, "split," is the same as divide. The check, of course, is the bill - how much money you owe.
分开,“分开”与分开是一样的。当然,账单就是结账单,你要付多少钱。
So, to split the check means to divide the check; each person pays for the food that they ate.
所以,分开账单就意味着把账单分开,每个人都为他们所吃的食物付钱。
Lucy and her supervisor walk back to their office. Lucy says, "
露西和她的主管走回她们的办公室。露西说:“
Just four more hours until quitting time!" Quitting time is the time that you stop working.
离下班只剩下四个小时了!”下班时间就是你停止工作的时候。
We're going to stop talking and now listen to the story at a normal speed.
我们将停到这里,现在以正常语速听一遍故事。