Conversation A
对话A
Susie: I love summer, don't you, Ben?
苏西:我喜爱夏天,你不也是吗,本?
Ben: I loved summer when I was a kid. Because I didn't have to work. I had three months of vacation!
本:在我还是个孩子的时候,我喜欢夏天。因为我没必要工作。我有三个月的假期。
Susie: What did you do?
苏西:你那时候都做什么?
Ben: I rode my bike a lot and played with my friends. We also had a lemonade stand.
本:我经常骑车,和我的朋友们一起玩儿。我们还摆过柠檬汁小摊呢。
Susie: Did you do much business?
苏西:你们有很多生意吗?
Ben: We did on hot days. But often we drank all the lemonade!
本:我们在天气炎热的时候生意很好。但是通常是我们自己把所有柠檬汁喝光!
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: What are you thinking about, Taylor?
阿莱克斯:泰勒,你在想什么呢?
Taylor: Oh, just my summer job when I was a kid.
泰勒:哦,只是在想我小时候的暑期工作。
Alex: You had a summer job?
阿莱克斯:你还有过暑期工作?
Taylor: Sure. A lot of kids have summer jobs. I worked at the swimming pool. I was a lifeguard.
泰勒:当然。很多孩子都有暑期工作。我在游泳池工作。我当时是一个救生员。
Alex: Was it fun?
阿莱克斯:有意思吗?
Taylor: Yes. I got a nice suntan. I watched kids play in the water and kept them safe.
泰勒:是的。我晒得很黑。我要盯着孩子们在水里玩耍,确保他们的安全。
Conversation C
对话C
Linda: Did you enjoy summer when you were a kid, Rob?
琳达:罗布,你小时候喜欢夏天吗?
Rob: Well, some summers I could relax. Other summers I had to study.
罗布:嗯,有一些夏天我能放松一下。其它的夏天我必须要学习。
Linda: For school entrance exams?
琳达:为了入学考试吗?
Rob: For the high school one. My family moved to the States before I had to take the college one.
罗布:是为了高中入学考试。我们家在我必须考入大学之前就搬到美国来了。
Linda: I didn't study in the summer. I went to summer camp and loved it!
琳达:我在夏天的时候不会学习。我会去夏令营,我很喜欢夏令营!
Rob: You were lucky!
罗布:你真幸运!