Conversation A
对话A
Ben: So, Alex, do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?
本:阿莱克斯,你这周末有什么刺激有趣的计划吗?
Alex: I do, Ben. A friend invited me to go kayaking with him.
阿莱克斯:有啊,本。我一个朋友邀请我和他一起划皮艇。
Ben: Kayaking! That sounds fun! Do you have a kayak?
本:皮艇!听起来很有意思!你要皮艇吗?
Alex: No, but I can rent one. It's not too expensive.
阿莱克斯:没有,但是我可以租一个。不是太贵。
Ben: Where are you going to go?
本:你们要去哪里划呢?
Alex: We're going to kayak down Old Mill River.
阿莱克斯:我们会去Old Mill河划。
Ben: Be careful. That's a fast river!
本:要小心啊。那可是一挑河流湍急的河!
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: So you're going kayaking this weekend.
罗布:你这周末要去划皮艇。
Alex: Yes, I am. I can't wait. Kayaking is really fun.
阿莱克斯:是的。我等不及了。划皮艇真得很有趣。
Rob: I know. It's exciting. But it can be dangerous. You'll wear a helmet and a life jacket, right?
罗布:我知道。很刺激的。但是也会很危险。你要戴上头盔,还要穿上救生衣,知道吗?
Alex: Of course! I want to be safe. But I can handle a kayak well.
阿莱克斯:当然了!我要保证安全。不过我划皮艇划得还不错。
Rob: That's good. So you won't have any trouble in the water.
罗布:那就好。这样你就不会在水中遇到麻烦了。
Alex: No. That's not likely.
阿莱克斯:不会,不太可能。
Conversation C
对话C
Linda: Boy, this really sounds fun.
琳达:哇,这听起来很有意思。
Susie: What sounds fun?
苏西:什么听起来很有意思?
Linda: Sailing up the coast of Alaska! My friend is doing that. She sent me a postcard.
琳达:沿着阿拉斯加的海岸坐船北上!我的朋友现在就在船上。她给我发了一张明信片。
Susie: Alaska is beautiful. Did she take her car on the ship?
苏西:阿拉斯加很美。她有把车开上船吗?
Linda: Many people do, but she didn't. She just took her bicycle.
琳达:许多人都这么做了,但是她没有。她骑得是她的自行车。
Susie: How long is her trip?
苏西:她的旅程要多久?
Linda: A month. Doesn't that sound great?
琳达:一个月。听起来是不是很棒?