I'm going to tell you a little bit about my TEDxHouston Talk.
我要跟大家讲一点关于我TEDxHouston演讲的事。
I woke up the morning after I gave that talk with the worst vulnerability hangover of my life.
在演讲之后的那个早上,是我这辈子经历过最糟糕,最脆弱的宿醉。
And I actually didn't leave my house for about three days.
而且我有三天都足不出户。
The first time I left was to meet a friend for lunch.
第一次出门是去见个朋友一起吃午饭。
And when I walked in, she was already at the table.
当我进去的时候,她已经在餐桌上了。
I sat down, and she said, "God, you look like hell."
然后我坐下,然后她说: “天啊,你看起来真颓。”
I said, "Thanks. I feel really -- I'm not functioning."
我说:“谢谢啊,我觉得 -- 我都不能正常思考了。”
And she said, "What's going on?"
然后她说:“什么情况?”
And I said, "I just told 500 people that I became a researcher to avoid vulnerability.
然后我说:“我刚刚告诉了500个人,说我成为了一个避免脆弱的研究者。
And that when being vulnerable emerged from my data, as absolutely essential to whole-hearted living, I told these 500 people that I had a breakdown.
而当我的数据表明,保持脆弱是全心投入生活所不可或缺的基础时,我告诉这500个人,我崩溃了。
I had a slide that said 'Breakdown.' At what point did I think that was a good idea?"
我放了张幻灯片写着崩溃,我是搭了哪根弦会觉得这是个好点子呢?”
And she said, "I saw your talk live-streamed. It was not really you.
然后她说:“我看了你演讲的现场视频了,那不太像你。
It was a little different than what you usually do. But it was great."
跟你平常有点不一样,不过真的很棒。”
And I said, "This can't happen. YouTube, they're putting this thing on YouTube. And we're going to be talking about 600, 700 people."
然后我说:“我得阻止这个上YouTube,他们要把这个放到YouTube上去。那就是600人,700人的事了。”
And she said, "Well, I think it's too late."
然后她说:“这样啊,我看来不及了。”
And I said, "Let me ask you something."
于是我说:“问你一下。”
And she said, "Yeah." I said, "Do you remember when we were in college, really wild and kind of dumb?"
她说:“好。”然后我说:“你还记得在大学时代特别疯特别傻的那时候吗?”
She said, "Yeah." I said, "Remember when we'd leave a really bad message on our ex-boyfriend's answering machine?
然后她说:“记得呀。” 于是我说:“还记得我们那时候,给前男友的答录机留了一段特别糟的话,
Then we'd have to break into his dorm room and then erase the tape?"
然后我们不得不撬开他宿舍的门, 然后把那段话抹掉的事吗?