Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: Hi, Alex. Why are you smiling?
泰勒:嗨,阿莱克斯。你笑什么?
Alex: I'm looking at a funny picture on my phone.
阿莱克斯:我在看我手机里一张有趣的照片。
Taylor: What's the picture of?
泰勒:是什么照片?
Alex: My parents and some of my relatives. They took my dad out for dinner on Father's Day. Everyone was wearing a funny hat!
阿莱克斯:我父母和我的一些亲戚。他们在父亲节带我爸爸出去吃了饭。每个人都戴着一顶有趣的帽子!
Taylor: That's fun. I like to get together with my family. We always have a good time when we get together.
泰勒:有意思。我愿意和我的家人聚在一起。我们聚在一起的时候,总是过得很开心。
Conversation B
对话B
Ben: So, Rob, did your dad have a nice Father's day yesterday?
本:罗布, 昨天父亲节你爸爸过得很好吧?
Rob: I think so. My siblings and I all called him. And my aunts, uncles and cousins went to my parents' house to visit.
罗布:我想是的。我的兄弟姐妹和我给他打了电话。而我的姨母,叔叔和表兄弟都去了我父母那里。
Ben: That's good. My family also likes to get together on holidays. We usually meet at my grandparents' house.
本:不错啊。我的家人也喜欢在节假日聚在一起。我们经常在我祖父母的家里见面。
Rob: Your dad's parents or your mom's?
罗布:是你爸爸的父母还是妈妈的父母?
Ben: My dad's. Their house is bigger!
本:我爸爸的。他们的家比较大!
Conversation C
对话C
Rob: Oh, I got good news today.
罗布:哦,我今天得到了一个好消息。
Ben: What's that?
本:是什么?
Rob: One of my sisters is getting married.
罗布:我的一个姐姐要结婚了。
Ben: That's great! When?
本:太棒了!什么时候?
Rob: They're not sure, yet. But probably sometime next year.
罗布:他们目前还没确定。但是很有可能是在明年的某个时间。
Ben: And you'll go to the wedding?
本:你会去婚礼吗?
Rob: Yes. I want to get to know my sister's fiance.
罗布:会的。我想认识一下我姐姐的未婚夫。
Ben: That's good. He's part of your family now. And your sister is part of his!
本:很好。他现在是你们家人中的一员了。而你姐姐则是他的一部分!