She puts "down the remote."
她放下“遥控器”。
The remote, "remote," is the same as the remote control,
遥控器,“遥控”意思是远程控制,
and that's the little thing you use to change channels
你用它来换频道。
- to flip through the channels, means the same thing, to change channels - to flip through.
——同样,浏览频道,就是换频道。
It's also what you use to increase the volume - make it louder - or decrease the volume -make it quieter.
你也可以用遥控器来增加音量——让声音大一点——或者降低音量——让声音小一点。
This is called a remote control.
这就是远程遥控。
Sometimes we just call it a remote.
有时候我们只把它叫作遥控。
In my house, for example, if I'm watching television, I have to have the remote control.
举个例子,在我家里,如果我正在看电视,我必须得有遥控器。
If my wife has the remote, it drives me crazy!
如果我妻子拿着遥控器,我会疯掉。
Back to Lucy, Lucy says that she picks "up a magazine" and she thumbs"through it."
回到露西这,露西说她拿起一本杂志,翻阅。
To thumb through, "thumb" through (two words) means to look at a magazine or a newspaper,
翻阅,意味着看一本杂志或者一份报纸,
but you're not looking at it very closely.
但并没有很仔细地看。
It's sort of like flipping through the channels.
有点像浏览电视频道。
You're flipping through, or thumbing through, the magazine to see what stories are in it or what pictures are in it.
你浏览或者翻阅杂志,看看里面有什么故事或者有什么的图片。