Conversation A
对话A
Linda: Do you want to go to the flea market, Alex?
琳达:阿莱克斯,你想去跳蚤市场吗?
Alex: What's a flea market?
阿莱克斯:跳蚤市场是什么?
Linda: It is an outdoor market. You can find great deals on lots of things.
琳达:就是一种露天市场。你可以找到价格便宜的东西。
Alex: Is the quality good?
阿莱克斯:质量好吗?
Linda: Well, you can get better quality things at other places. You get what you pay for.
琳达:你可以在其他地方找到质量更好的东西。一分钱一分货。
Alex: Hmm, true. OK, I'll go with you and take a look.
阿莱克斯:恩,没错。好吧,我就和你一起去看看吧。
Conversation B
对话B
Susie: OK, Ben, I need to pick an e-reader. I've narrowed my choices to two.
苏西:本,我要挑一个电子阅读器。我已经把选择范围缩小到了两个。
Ben: Which two?
本:哪两个?
Susie: A Kindle or a Nook.
苏西:Kindle或者Nook这两款。
Ben: Both are good. Which is cheaper?
本:它们都不错。哪个更便宜一些?
Susie: The Nook is $5 cheaper.
苏西:Nook要便宜5美元。
Ben: So the price is about the same. What do the reviews say?
本:所以价格实际上差不多。评论是怎么样的?
Susie: The Kindle got better reviews. People liked its screen better.
苏西:Kindle的评价更好一些。人们更青睐它的屏幕。
Ben: Then get the Kindle.
本:那就买Kindle吧。
Conversation C
对话C
Taylor: Do you shop at garage sales very often, Rob?
泰勒:罗布,你经常在旧货出售买东西吗?
Rob: Not too often. I go to ones near where I live.
罗布:也不算太经常。我会去离家近的。
Taylor: Garage sales are cheap.
泰勒:旧货出售的东西很便宜。
Rob: They are. But you have to pay in cash. You can't use a credit card.
罗布:确实是。但是你必须付现金。你不能用信用卡。
Taylor: That's OK. Things at garage sales aren't very expensive.
泰勒:还好。旧货出售的东西都不是太贵。
Rob: That's for sure! I once bought a nice shirt for 25 cents!
罗布:当然了!我曾经花了25美分就买了一件不错的衬衫。