Elder Years
变老
I love experiencing every age.
我爱走过的每一年。
I rejoice in each passing year.
我为度过的每一年感到快乐。
In the early part of this century, the life expectancy was 49 years.
20世纪初,人类平均寿命为49岁。
Today it is about 85.
现在则达到了85岁左右。
Tomorrow it could be 125.
将来可能达到125岁。
It is time for us to change the way we view our later years.
现在是改变看待自己老年问题的时候了。
No longer will we accept the notion that we must become sick and die, lonely and afraid.
我们不再接受那种老了肯定会生病、死亡、孤单、害怕的陈旧观念。
It is time to make nursing homes obsolete as we learn to take responsibility for our own health.
现在到了我们学会为自己的健康负责、淘汰养老院的时候。
We take control of our thoughts, and we create an elder time that is far grander than any other generation.
我们掌控自己的思想,让我们的晚年生活比任何一代人都更精彩。
I see myself as vital, vivacious, healthy, fully alive, and contributing until my last day.
我看到自己直到生命最后一天都保持活力充沛、快乐、健康、精神抖擞,并持续做着贡献。
I am at peace with my age.
我平和地看待自己的年龄。
As I move into my treasure years, I allow myself to become an Elder of Excellence.
步入珍贵的老年之后,我让自己成为最优秀的长者。
I lead the way in showing others how to be fully alive at every age.
我向他人展示如何在每个年龄段都能活得生机勃勃。
We each have the ability to contribute to our society and to make the world a better place for our grandchildren.
我们每个人都有能力为社会作贡献,为我们的子孙后代营造更美好的世界。