Conversation A
对话A
Susie: What are you doing this weekend, Alex?
苏西:阿莱克斯,你这周末打算做什么?
Alex: Nothing much. Why?
阿莱克斯:没什么。怎么了?
Susie: Well, there's a youth hockey tournament here this weekend. Can you help me report on it?
苏西:恩,这周末有一场青少年冰球锦标赛。你能帮我报道一下吗?
Alex: I guess so. But I don't know anything about hockey.
阿莱克斯:应该可以。但是我对冰球根本不了解。
Susie: That's OK. You can learn about the sport this week. You have until Saturday.
苏西:没问题。你可以这周了解一下这项运动。到星期六前都可以。
Alex: Is hockey a fun sport?
阿莱克斯:冰球是一项有趣的运动吗?
Susie: Yes! It's very exciting!
苏西:是的!非常刺激!
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Hey, Rob. Do you know anything about hockey?
阿莱克斯:嗨,罗布。你对冰球有所了解吗?
Rob: Do you mean ice hockey? Sure. It's a fun sport to watch. But it's dangerous to play.
罗布:你是说冰上曲棍球吗?当然了。对于观看而言这是一项很有趣的运动。但是打起来就很危险了。
Alex: Why is it dangerous?
阿莱克斯:为什么会危险呢?
Rob: The players hit a puck with sticks. The puck goes over 90 miles an hour.
罗布:运动员是用棍子来打冰球。冰球的时速可以超过90英里。
Alex: So if the puck hits you, it hurts.
阿莱克斯:所以如果冰球砸到你,就会受伤。
Rob: Yes. And the players hit each other, too. Hockey is a rough sport.
罗布:是的。而且运动员也会相互击打。冰球是一项粗野的运动。