Conversation A
对话A
Linda: I've never played rummy before.
琳达:我之前从来没玩儿过拉米纸牌。
Taylor: The rules are easy.
泰勒:规则很简单。
Susie: The object of the game is to use all your cards.
苏西:这个游戏的目标就是要打出你所有的牌。
Linda: How do you do that?
琳达:要怎么做呢?
James: By making runs or sets. A run is three cards in a row of the same suit.
詹姆斯:通过组成顺子或者套牌。顺子就是三张同样花色的顺牌。
Susie: And a set is three cards of the same number.
苏西:而套牌就是三张同样大小的牌。
Linda: Like three fives.
琳达:比如说三个五。
Taylor: OK. Let's shuffle the cards.
泰勒:好的。我们洗牌吧。
Conversation B
对话B
James: Linda, it's your turn.
詹姆斯:琳达,到你了。
Linda: OK. I'll take a card from the pile. Great! I needed this card. Now I have four kings. I can put them down, and I win! I used all my cards!
琳达:好的。我要从牌堆里抽一张牌。太好了!我需要这张牌。现在我有四个K。我可以把它们打出去了,我赢了!我打完了所有牌!
Taylor: Good for you! You learned the game quickly.
泰勒:你好厉害!你学这个游戏学得很快!
James: Let's play again. That was just beginner's luck.
詹姆斯:我们再来一把吧。这只不过是新手的好运罢了。
Susie: You just don't like to lose!
苏西:你只是不愿意输而已!
James: Well, winning is more fun than losing!
詹姆斯:嗯,胜利总是要比失败有趣啊!