Conversation A
对话A
Rob: This year is the Chinese Year of the Rooster.
罗布:今年是中国的鸡年。
Taylor: And 2016 was the Year of the Monkey.
泰勒:2016年是猴年。
Rob: That's right. Do you know your Chinese animal?
罗布:没错。你知道你的生肖吗?
Taylor: I do! I was born in the Year of the Rabbit. What about you, Rob?
泰勒:我知道!我是属兔的。你呢,鲍勃?
Rob: I was born in 1977. That was the Year of the Snake.
罗布:我出生于1977年。那年是蛇年。
Taylor: Well, happy Chinese New Year, Rob!
泰勒:嗯,罗布,春节快乐!
Conversation B
对话B
Linda: Alex, did you celebrate Lantern Festival in Taiwan?
琳达:阿莱克斯,你在台湾过元宵节吗?
Alex: Yes, I did. Some years my family went to Pingxi and watched thousands of lanterns rise into the sky.
阿莱克斯:是啊。有几年我们全家一起去平溪,看数以千计的天灯飞上天。
Linda: That's a yearly event. I'd like to see it. It sounds amazing.
琳达:这是一年一度的活动。我想去看看。听起来很棒。
Alex: It's beautiful, but I worry about the environment.
阿莱克斯:非常美,但是我很担心环境。
Linda: True because all those lanterns come back down to earth and become litter.
琳达:没错,因为那些灯会回到地面,变成垃圾。