I was told give up and I have to live with my red discoloration on half of my face for the rest of my life.
他们让我放弃,说我一辈子都得带着这半张脸的红斑。
And I felt like I don't want to give up on myself. I'm gonna go out there and find a solution.
但我不想放弃自己。我要出去想办法。
My name is Basma Hameed, and I help people heal from the inside out.
我是巴斯玛·哈米德,我的工作是从内到外抚平大家的伤痕。
I am a micropigmentation specialist. I camouflage all types of scars, birth marks, and burns.
我是一名微色素沉着专家。我能掩盖各种伤疤、胎记和烧伤。
I implant pigment and scar tissue to eliminate any discoloration in the skin.
通过植入色素和疤痕组织来消除皮肤上的任何变色。
When I was two years old, I was playing in the kitchen with my brother, and a fire started.
两岁的时候,我和弟弟在厨房里玩,结果就起火了。
Hot oil ended up spilling on 50% of my face. I ended up with third-degree burns.
滚烫的油溅到了我半张脸上。我被烫成了三级灼伤。
And I've had almost 100 types of surgeries and laser treatments. And none of them were successful.
做过近百种手术和激光治疗。都没有成功。
I went to talk to my plastic surgeon. I asked him, "What can I do?"
去找我的整形医生。我问他:“我还能怎么做?”
And he said, "Just take your money. Go on a vacation. This is the end for you. We can't improve it."
他说:“拿着钱去度个假吧。就这样了。我们也无能为力了。”
I said, "What about permanent cosmetics? Can I get my eyebrow tattooed?"
我说:“那永久性化妆品呢?能纹眉吗?”
And he said, "It's the worst thing you can do for yourself. Scar tissue will never pick up pigment."
他说:“纹眉是最不济的办法。疤是吸收不了色素的。”
So that day, I decided I'm gonna go and have my eyebrows tattooed.
就在那天,我决定去纹眉。
My scar tissue picked up the pigment.
没想到还吸收了。
From that moment, I thought why not make skin tone pigments and implant that pigment in the scar tissue to eliminate the discoloration.
从那一刻起,我就在想,为什么不制造一种色调为肤色的色素,把这种色素植入疤痕组织以消除变色呢。
I started apprenticing with a permanent makeup artist.
我便开始在一个做了一辈子化妆师的师傅手下当学徒。
I learned everything that I needed to know about skin.
学到了所有关于皮肤我需要知道的知识。
I decided to be my first client and work on my own face.
我决定自己当自己的第一个客户,先在自己的脸上试验。
I was able to camouflage all the red discoloration, and I had something that actually worked.
我成功地掩盖掉了所有的红色部分,我的办法管用了。
Originally when I started it, I wanted a solution for myself.
刚开始的时候,我只是想解决自己的问题。
But from there, it had like a much bigger purpose.
但从那以后,我好像有了更大的目标。
We have the clinic in Toronto, Canada, and we have the clinic now in Beverly Hills.
我们的诊所在加拿大的多伦多,现在在比弗利山庄也开了一家。
And we perform this procedure every single day.
我们每天都要手术。
Now we reached a point where plastic surgeons reach out to us.
现在已经变成整形外科医生向我们求助了。
They want to learn more about the procedure.
他们也想更多地了解这个手术。
We've performed thousands of procedures in the last 15 years, and it's clients that are flying from all over the world.
过去15年里我们已经做了成千上万台了,各个地方来的都有。
Every year, we take on few big cases, and we donate those treatments.
每年我们都会免费接一些比较大的病例。
Adela has a permanent stain on her face.
阿德拉脸上有一块从来就有的斑。
She's had so many different types of treatments.
她已经做过无数类型的治疗了。
And nothing really has worked for her.
但没一次管用的。
Very thankful for her too 'cause she's making my dream come true, you know?
我也很感谢她,因为她让我的梦想成真了,知道嘛?
I used to use for heavy makeup to cover enough, layer and layer.
过去我是用一层又一层的浓妆来遮盖的。
It's a big difference. It used to be four times longer.
是有很大的区别的。以前的是现在的4倍那么长。
The best part about this, it's seeing people transform.
最棒的是,我的工作见证了人们的转变。
And that's why I'm so grateful that I never gave up.
这也是为什么我无比感激我从未放弃的原因。
On my journey, I was able to help thousands of people.
一路走来,我居然能够帮住那么多的人。