Welcome to London, a city steeped in history and known for its iconic landmarks.
欢迎来到伦敦,这座历史悠久、以地标性建筑闻名的城市。
British cuisine might not be world renowned,
英国菜或许算不上什么世界名菜,
but the city is full of great food that extends way beyond its classic fish and chips.
但伦敦这座城市拥有无数远远超出英国经典的炸鱼薯条的美食。
First up, an American classic with an Indian twist. A Londoner's favorite.
首先登场的是一种带点儿印度特色的美式经典小吃。也是伦敦人的最爱。
Originally, I came up with this idea when I was only about 14 years old.
我14岁的时候就想到了这个主意。
I used to make them for my friends' barbcues.
过去我经常在朋友的烧烤派对上给他们做。
Culturally, it's a mishmash. You can only find this in London.
从文化上讲,这个小吃是一个大杂烩。但你只能在伦敦找到这个。
My name's Alec. I'm fron Baba G's, and we are in the wonderful Camden Market.
我是亚历克,我们的店叫Baba G,在超赞的卡姆登市场。
Sun's beating down--it's a wonderful day.
太阳快下山了——美好的一天。
The Naga Delhi double burger is made with two fresh, spiced lamb patties,
纳加德里双层汉堡是用两块新鲜的五香羊肉馅饼做成的,
served on a brioche--naan-style bun.
配上印式布里欧修。
Between the two lamb patties is a crispy onion bhaji.
两个羊肉馅饼之间放的是一个脆洋葱巴吉。
On top of that we put our spiced, Naga Delhi double sauce;
再在上面挤一层纳加德里双层汉堡辣酱;
it's made with a Naga chili pickle--give that really authentic Indian taste.
这种酱是用纳加泡椒做的——能带来地道的印度风味。
You'lll get sharp, sweet, spicy and then that lovely, juicy lamb on top.
你会尝到浓浓的甜辣味,再在上面放一块漂亮多汁的羊肉饼。
It's a big old burger; You've got to be hungry.
这个汉堡很大;一定得非常饿才能吃完。
You have to try one, mate--after this.
你一定得尝尝,拍完视频之后。
Next up, head to the windy streets of Soho
接下来,我们前往苏活区多风的街道,
and check out this small hole in the wall serving up a traditional Chinese breakfast dish.
去打卡这家小小的,卖传统中式早餐的摊位。
I'm proud to have brought an evolved version of jian bing to London.
能把改良版的煎饼带到伦敦我觉得很自豪。
My name is Z He, and I am a co-founder of Pleasant Lady.
我是何Z,是“悦女士”的联合创始人之一。
We are located in Soho on Bridge St.
我们的店在苏豪区的桥街。
Pleasant Lady specializes in jian bing.
我们店的招牌是煎饼。
Some people call it a Chinese burrito.
有人也称之为“中式墨西哥卷饼”。
It's like a savory Chinese crepe.
也有点像美味的中式可丽饼。
After we spread the batter on the hot plate,
我们先把面糊倒在热锅上,
we then crack an egg on top, spread it out, flip it,
然后打一个鸡蛋,摊开,翻面,
brush a housemade, sweet, fermented bean sauce, chili oil,
刷上自制的甜面酱,辣椒油,
a herb salad; after that, it's your choice of meat,
撒上蔬菜沙拉;之后放顾客喜欢的肉,
our house pickle and then your Chinese cracker; and then, roll it up,
和自制的咸菜,然后放薄脆; 最后把它卷起来,
and then you've got all your springiness, the chewiness, the freshness and the crispiness.
爽口弹牙,新鲜香脆的煎饼就做好啦。
I think that it's everybody's food.
我觉得煎饼是能俘获所有人的胃的美食。